PDA

View Full Version : Estes Alien Invader 3003 done right

scigs30
03-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Kudos to Estes.............

Hi David…thanks for your email…and I want to say this up front, you’ll get the original molded plastic nose cone with bumps in the 3003 Alien Invader rocket kit.

When we started working on the bring backs, I wanted to do the balsa with the thought process that this was a “greener” product. However, like you, after we showed it at iHobby Expo and word of it got out, a number of rocketeers that remembered this product sent me emails and said, “not so much, give us the original”.

Well, that’s where the problem started as we could not find the tool and cutting new steel for just this rocket was out of the question. After searching for a while, we found the tool, had some shots done and it turned out to be a usable tool for molding…so we changed over the blow molded “bumped” version, changed the panel art and the instructions to reflect the plastic part.

Sorry to confuse the issue, but wanted to do the right thing and make it more like the original…and judging my recent emails, I think we got it right – this time. Now I have to figure out what to do with all those balsa nose cones…maybe put 3 in a bag and sell them for a few bucks each.

Regards,

Mike Fritz

Estes-Cox Corporation

rocketpunch
03-11-2010, 04:14 PM
Nice to heat that they are actually listening to their customers. I love it that they wanted to give us balsa nose cones because it's "greener". :rolleyes: Oh, please...

Initiator001
03-12-2010, 12:01 AM
Nice to heat that they are actually listening to their customers. I love it that they wanted to give us balsa nose cones because it's "greener". :rolleyes: Oh, please...

Agreed. :rolleyes:

I am glad that the Alien Invader will now have the 'correct' nose cone. :)

Bob

EchoVictor
03-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Kudos to Estes.............

"Now I have to figure out what to do with all those balsa nose cones…maybe put 3 in a bag and sell them for a few bucks each."

Regards,

Mike Fritz

Estes-Cox Corporation

While that would be nice, I'd REALLY like 3 of the new/old Invader "bumpy" cones in a bag for a few bucks please. Oh, the scratchbuilding possibilities...

Later,
EV

Ltvscout
03-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Yes, that is good news. Now to get the BT-56 plastic fin can back. ;)

Thanks for listening, Mike!

sandman
03-12-2010, 09:19 AM
While that would be nice, I'd REALLY like 3 of the new/old Invader "bumpy" cones in a bag for a few bucks please. Oh, the scratchbuilding possibilities...

Later,
EV

Yes, I am getting requests for the Hyperion decals which are almost finished (I'm just trying to fit 2 sets to a page but it doesn't look like that can work :o ).

PaulK
03-19-2010, 10:39 PM

Later,
EVWell, I'm sure Sirius would be glad to put 3 in a bag for you. :)