PDA

View Full Version : Countdown Hobbies has arrived

Countdown
02-10-2006, 12:44 PM
Hey guys just noticed some good conversation on here and figured since I liked TRF so much why not hop over here sometimes too...

Anyways Ill be around so any questions feel free to post em or PM me....

Bruce @ Countdown Hobbies

Ltvscout
02-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey guys just noticed some good conversation on here and figured since I liked TRF so much why not hop over here sometimes too...

Anyways Ill be around so any questions feel free to post em or PM me....

Bruce @ Countdown Hobbies
Welcome, Bruce! Please feel free to advertise any products or specials you have at Countdown.

Countdown
02-11-2006, 12:42 AM
Just came across a couple "Estes Space Program Kits" does that count...

here they are...
http://countdownhobbies.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=1627&osCsid=dbbdf71ac1e153a1d54b9d661f286118

pretty cool but not too OOP yet... just the 90's

you know the most popular OOP kit I had yet sales wise was the Estes Skywinder...

Tau Zero
02-11-2006, 12:07 PM
Dear Bruce,

Welcome to the group. I'm not sure why we didn't ask you to come over before, but we're glad you're here now. ;) :D

Cheers,

--Jay Goemmer
"Centuri Guy"
Twin Falls, Idaho

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-11-2006, 12:27 PM
We ask people to come over? I thought we just dug holes and waited for them to fall in. :rolleyes:

Ltvscout
02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
Dear Bruce,

Welcome to the group. I'm not sure why we didn't ask you to come over before, but we're glad you're here now. ;) :D
EVERYONE (including all vendors) are welcome! Like I've said in the past, I'm not looking to replace TRF. YORF is a niche forum. ;)

Ltvscout
02-11-2006, 12:32 PM
We ask people to come over? I thought we just dug holes and waited for them to fall in. :rolleyes:
Or snag them as they walk by like a trapdoor spider. :D

Countdown
02-11-2006, 01:24 PM
well this seems like a nice laid back forum... and everyone seems to like Semroc which is good considering I carry them and at our usually great prices... also if anyone wants anything form semroc but I dont have it... just give me a week and Ill get it for you this way you can have it with a normall order... dont ever be afraid to ask for something special I like going above and beyond with special orders...

Tau Zero
02-11-2006, 01:47 PM
Or snag them as they walk by like a trapdoor spider.
Well, that *too.* :eek:

Countdown
02-11-2006, 01:51 PM
well does everyone here seem to have the same vendetta against estes that a lot on TRF have? I could never figure that out... I mean yes there stuff isnt like it used to be but thats what has made rocketry so widespread and available today... so if you like old style thats what the companies that are now like Estes of old are for...

A Fish Named Wallyum
02-11-2006, 01:52 PM
well this seems like a nice laid back forum... and everyone seems to like Semroc which is good considering I carry them and at our usually great prices... also if anyone wants anything form semroc but I dont have it... just give me a week and Ill get it for you this way you can have it with a normall order... dont ever be afraid to ask for something special I like going above and beyond with special orders...

Cool. Get a Semroc Mars Lander and Little Joe in the mail for me this weekend. :eek: :D :rolleyes: ;)

Countdown
02-11-2006, 07:57 PM
They are on their way... but I sent them... (nevergonnagetther POST) soo dont get your hopes up...

I forgot to say I like to get things that can be gotten

PaulK
02-23-2006, 10:48 PM

So thats' what happened to me... HELP! Let me out! :D

-Paul

PaulK
02-23-2006, 10:55 PM
well does everyone here seem to have the same vendetta against estes that a lot on TRF have? I could never figure that out... I mean yes there stuff isnt like it used to be but thats what has made rocketry so widespread and available today... so if you like old style thats what the companies that are now like Estes of old are for...

FWIW, I liked estes as a kid, and still occasionally build their kits. Most of my engines come from estes. My sons first few kits have all been estes. Sure, I wish they weren't made in China. But hey, there are plenty of vendors now to meet my needs not met by estes. It is a great time to be a BAR!

-Paul

Tau Zero
02-24-2006, 10:21 PM
So thats' what happened to me... HELP! Let me out!Nope. Sorry. You're one of us now. :eek: ;) :D

(turning to rest of the group) High five. :cool: Good job, guys. ;)

--Jay