PDA

View Full Version : eBay Orion

GregGleason
04-16-2010, 06:13 AM
I was surprised to see the eBay Orion go for $160.48 yesterday. Not an Athena, but I guess that is where the market is. It was item 250613260503.

Greg

Royatl
04-16-2010, 02:28 PM
I was surprised to see the eBay Orion go for $160.48 yesterday. Not an Athena, but I guess that is where the market is. It was item 250613260503.

Greg

The Athena is rare because the Athena was not well known. I'd be surprised if there were 2500 kits sold. It was offered for only a short time and then only to those people interested in Enerjet motors at the time (and they weren't offered very long either).

The Orion is much better known, therefore there are more people that would be interested in buying a (more or less) original kit. I say more or less because the kit offered has the plastic nose cones, which weren't in the initial release.

LeeR
04-17-2010, 01:01 AM
I wanted to bid, but I have a desire to build the Orion, and just cannot imagine spending that much money, and then going crazy about the decision to either throw in a storage box, or build it. :)

I think I'll buy the Semroc Orion, and enjoy building it, and spending only about $40.

Same thing goes for the Mars Lander. I am currently building the Semroc version. At their price, I bought two.