PDA

View Full Version : CORRECTED Design -- Centuri Chuter-2

Tau Zero
04-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Special thanks to Sean E. Lannan "SEL" for sharing the actual measurements from an actual Centuri kit owned by Mack Yocum.

The CPT-8 payload section is 3.5" long, and the ST-8 main body tube is 10" long. With the Semroc BC-846 nose cone and the fins protruding past the bottom of the body tube, the entire rocket measures 18.3" long, 0.2" shy of the length listed in the catalog. (The nose cone in the first incarnation of this model was slightly longer than the Semroc BC-846, and the payload section was only 3" long.)

(Purists will also note the original rocket had *two* 12" parachutes, with the payload and main body sections recovering under separate chutes. :rolleyes: )

Note the deployment velocities are *very* fast for this particular 18mm version. :eek:

SEL
04-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Special thanks to Sean E. Lannen "SEL" for sharing the actual measurements from an actual Centuri kit owned by Mack Yocum.

The CPT-8 payload section is 3.5" long, and the ST-8 main body tube is 10" long. With the Semroc BC-846 nose cone and the fins protruding past the bottom of the body tube, the entire rocket measures 18.3" long, 0.2" shy of the length listed in the catalog. (The nose cone in the first incarnation of this model was slightly longer than the Semroc BC-846, and the payload section was only 3" long.)

(Purists will also note the original rocket had *two* 12" parachutes, with the payload and main body sections recovering under separate chutes. :rolleyes: )

Note the deployment velocities are *very* fast for this particular 18mm version. :eek:

Yikes, that is fast. I'll pull my Chuter Two out of storage and try to fly it this weekend for some practical data. Oh - your welcome :).

S.

Tau Zero
04-27-2010, 09:54 PM
Yikes, that is fast. I'll pull my Chuter Two out of storage and try to fly it this weekend for some practical data. Oh - your welcome :).Oh, no. Thank *you.* ;) :D :cool:

Cheers,