PDA

View Full Version : Semroc Brighton eBay Win

LeeR
05-13-2010, 07:46 PM
Scored probably my best eBay deal ever. Won a Semroc Brighton for $36. I saw it going for $29 with very little time left, and not that many bids. I was shocked that it was getting overlooked.

I'm guessing many potential bidders just are not that familiar with the kit -- that it is a really loaded upscale of old Estes Ranger. At $75 list, it is pricey, but it does offer a lot for the builder, with its interchangeable motor mounts. Maybe all that was lost on the casual viewer.

Which is great -- their loss, and my gain!

I just built an Astron Cobra Clone last year, and have a BT-80 upscale in the works. This will be a nice complement to the upscaled Cobra.

jdud
05-14-2010, 01:57 PM
ARRRRGGGG! You're the one. I tried placing a bid just at the last minute for just over $36 and was denied. It told me I need to place a bid for $37 or more. You must have gotten your bid in milliseconds before me. Oh well. I'm glad someone in our little community won it. Have fun with the build and post some pics.

LeeR
05-14-2010, 09:26 PM
jdud,

I feel your pain. I promise to treat the kit with TLC, and I do plan to build it. Best of luck in future bidding (I may have to curtail the bidding, I've gone a little crazy lately). :o

I never really gave much thought that to the notion that I am likely bidding against fellow forum members. And I do appreciate your well wishes! This one is going to get the a classic Astron Ranger finish.

jdud
05-14-2010, 10:31 PM
Here are some pics of an upscale (BTH-80) Bertha I built last year. I painted her with the red Ranger nose cone (even though it only has a single motor). The first flight cored due to a bulkhead I made out of sub-par plywood and a hard ejection...but as of last month she has taken to the skies again (and only 1/2" shorter than she used to be).

LeeR
05-15-2010, 06:17 PM
I'm amazed you only lost 1/2" in length!

We are on the same wavelength, model-wise. Here is my Super Big Bertha, I have not finished adding black accents, but did get one fin and panel painted. Hope to fly it soon.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii220/hobbes_pics/Upscaled%20Classics/th_super-bertha.jpg (http://s265.photobucket.com/albums/ii220/hobbes_pics/Upscaled%20Classics/?action=view&current=super-bertha.jpg)