PDA

View Full Version : WTB or TRADE......... Centuri parts needed!

Bruce Temple
02-22-2006, 10:24 PM
I picked an old Centuri kit, but it was incomplete, and now need some help guys.

If any anyone has any of these please contact me off board.

Two Centuri PNC-103's
One 12 in section of ST-16
One 10in section of ST-10

Must be original Centuri parts as this is not for a build up.

Thanks,
Bruce
FSA/TWP
http://communitylink.palmbeachpost.com/groups/FSATWP

ghrocketman
02-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I'm not sure how you could tell a Centuri original section of ST-10 or ST-16 from what is offered currently by Semroc;
I have several original Centuri kits and I know I can't !

Bruce Temple
02-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Your absolutly right. Semroc makes exact dupes for cloning & building. I use them all the time, but again this is not for a build up project. This is for a collectable kit that I will never build.

Cheers, Bruce

Ltvscout
02-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Your absolutly right. Semroc makes exact dupes for cloning & building. I use them all the time, but again this is not for a build up project. This is for a collectable kit that I will never build.

Cheers, Bruce
Actually, the Semroc tubes while exact in size are not the same color. Carl's tubes are white in color whereas Centuri tubes were the old brown kraft paper color. You might try contacting that dude that goes by cr2sales on ebay to see if he has any of that stuff you need.

rraeford
03-01-2006, 11:07 AM
LTvscout wrote:
Carl's tubes are white in color whereas Centuri tubes were the old brown kraft paper color.

It kinda depends on which Centuri kit you're talking about. I have several newer kits with white tubes. In fact I have a couple that have white and brown tubes. The USS America is one example.

As far as the PNC-103s are concerned, they're kind of hard to come by. I've had to replace mine with balsa or resin ones from Mike Schmidt.

Romie

Ltvscout
03-01-2006, 05:43 PM
LTvscout wrote:
Carl's tubes are white in color whereas Centuri tubes were the old brown kraft paper color.

It kinda depends on which Centuri kit you're talking about. I have several newer kits with white tubes. In fact I have a couple that have white and brown tubes. The USS America is one example.
Sorry, I was referring to 60's to mid 70's kits. Yes, I have seen late model Centuri kits with white tubes.

Bruce Temple
03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
The USS America is one example

Romie guessed it! It's an incomplete America kit I picked up last month for my bagged collection.

Guess I have to be more specific with you guys in the future.....grins. Was looking for Centuri Brown Kraft Paper Tubes & the PNC's.

My clone of same, will have Semroc tubes, & Mikes cones. I fact they just got here yesterday. Great job Mike!

I ordered & got extras from both Vendors to replace the missing parts in the original kit already, but now have found a new complete kit. Guess I'll sell the now completed kit with the replacement parts. Any takers???

Bob Thomas
03-02-2006, 01:04 AM
Wanted it as a youth, would be on my "to clone" list. How easy will you make it for me?

Bob