PDA

View Full Version : Estes Saturn V Avalible!?!?

Robobud
06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Came across this and quickly ordered !

http://www.hobbylinc.com/htm/est/est2157.htm

sandman
06-10-2010, 08:48 AM
Really??? :confused:

I didn't think they were available yet.

That's good news!

Robobud
06-10-2010, 09:25 AM
I did notice that the Estes P/N was 2157. I think this is the same as the 30th anniversary kit, so Im wondering if its NOS or what.

My order said that it was going to ship 6/11, so I will post updates

Pem Tech
06-10-2010, 09:32 AM
just ordered one.

Me too
:D

Robobud
06-10-2010, 09:38 AM
Happy early Father's Day to me!

Robobud
06-10-2010, 09:43 AM
I did notice that the Estes P/N was 2157. I think this is the same as the 30th anniversary kit, so Im wondering if its NOS or what.

I cross-checked this P/N with the Tower Hobbies website, and they are also listing the kit as 2157.
What is interesting is that Tower lists the kit as "Order Pending" and that means "Product is in the process of being ordered from the manufacturer. We can accept back orders on these items. "

So I wonder if I am going to get an email tomorow saying that a mistake was made and the kit is not yet avalible

Shade
06-10-2010, 09:45 AM

About five years ago I found a 30th ann. ed. on clearance for $50ish, I snagged it, it is still
sitting on the bench beggin to be built. LOL

cas2047
06-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I wonder if I am going to get an email tomorow saying that a mistake was made and the kit is not yet avalible

I was just about to order but emailed them first to ask if the item was available or on back order and here's what they just emailed back.

No, we are not able to ship that item until sometime in September.
Thank you for your interest in Hobbylinc.com.
Hobbylinc.com

Stilll though even if it doesn't ship out in September that makes for a fun fall build.

Robobud
06-10-2010, 01:51 PM
I was just about to order but emailed them first to ask if the item was available or on back order and here's what they just emailed back.

Stilll though even if it doesn't ship out in September that makes for a fun fall build.

that figures....I wonder if they are still going to bill my cc...?

cas2047
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM

They are a good operation and if it turns out that this is a pre-order situation I'm sure they would either a. not charge your card until the order ships or b. would be willing to refund the charge if they did charge it.

I'd either call or email them if you have questions. They replied to my email within half an hour of me sending it.

ghrocketman
06-10-2010, 02:13 PM
I filled out the order form and put it in my cart on hobbylinc, but did not pull the trigger yet.
Glad I did not.

pantherjon
06-11-2010, 06:51 AM

Hobbylinc generally does not charge to the credit card until the order ships...

cas2047
06-11-2010, 08:04 AM
Hobbylinc has now changed the listing to read "Not in Stock, due mid September, 2010". It looks like not doing so in the beginning was an oversight on their part.

I'll be buying a couple from whoever ends up having them available first this fall. I'll build one and add one to the collection.

Robobud
06-11-2010, 09:23 AM
Just got an email from Hobbylinc saying that there was an error on the website, asking me what I would like to do.

So I just put it on backorder...I have plenty to build untill Sept!

Pem Tech
06-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Yep, I just got the same email:
"While pulling your order from our warehouse, we have encountered some
availability issues on some of the items. We require your feedback as to
how you would like to proceed with your order,"

It is on back-order now, so we wait till September...

nygiants10
06-17-2010, 06:43 PM
Do you think it will be an upgrade from the one semroc is gonna make or very similiar.

tbzep
06-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Do you think it will be an upgrade from the one semroc is gonna make or very similiar.

It has the same model number as the last one Estes released, #2157. At the most, it will only have some minor changes from the last run.