PDA

View Full Version : Centuri PNC ID Help Needed

Bruce Temple
03-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Hey Guys,

I got this Centuri PNC in an open bag kit. I know it does not belong with this kit, but what kit, and or kits did it go to???

The PNC has TWO sholders! The first sholder fits an ST-10, the second a ST-12 I suppose though I have not checked. Anyone ever seen one of these before, as I know I haven't? Help me with some info please.

Cheers, Bruce

CPMcGraw
03-20-2006, 05:16 PM
Hey Guys,

I got this Centuri PNC in an open bag kit. I know it does not belong with this kit, but what kit, and or kits did it go to???

The PNC has TWO sholders! The first sholder fits an ST-10, the second a ST-12 I suppose though I have not checked. Anyone ever seen one of these before, as I know I haven't? Help me with some info please.

Cheers, Bruce

Not that I'm any expert when it comes to Centuri parts, but that really looks like two nose cones, one glued into the other. Have you tried removing any of that red paint around the "joint line"? Or is that red molded plastic?

Ltvscout
03-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Not that I'm any expert when it comes to Centuri parts, but that really looks like two nose cones, one glued into the other. Have you tried removing any of that red paint around the "joint line"? Or is that red molded plastic?
Yes, it looks to me like a cone stuck inside another one myself.

Bruce Temple
03-23-2006, 12:27 PM
It was two cones jamed togeather, and but good to. I got em apart though. Thanks guys!

Cheers, Bruce

Tau Zero
03-23-2006, 09:00 PM
It was two cones jamed togeather, and but good to. I got em apart though. Thanks guys!Bruce,

It looks like you've got two PNC-103's (used as pod cones for the USS America, in one case) which appear to be (as the kids say these days), "Gettin' busy with it." :eek: ;) :D

Cheers,

--Jay

Bruce Temple
03-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Boy, it sucks getting to be an "old" BAR. Good thing I've got YORF buddys with good eyes & sense when I need em!

Now anyone got an Centuri ST-10 sized PNC bottom they can spare?

Cheers, Bruce

Chas Russell
03-24-2006, 08:25 PM
To quote Bruce Temple:
Now anyone got an Centuri ST-10 sized PNC bottom they can spare?

Actually, Bruce may be psycho - I mean psychic. I just may have an extra PNC-10x base in amoungst the plethera of Centuri stuff. I took several orginal Centuri nose cones to NARCON 2006, but most were painted.

Let me peruse my collection in the next couple of daze.

Chas

stefanj
03-24-2006, 10:40 PM
Why not use a balsa bulkhead? Or an extra long piece of coupler?

Bruce Temple
04-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Wood block would be good if kit was a builder, but alas its a collectable kit that will never be built up.

Chas tried to email you a few times, so If you read this please contact me.

Thanks All, Bruce

Chas Russell
04-12-2006, 08:57 PM
"Chas tried to email you a few times, so If you read this please contact me."

Bruce, I e-mailed you yesterday. Just need an address. No e-mails from you on this forum or my regular.

This thread is base-less <g>.

C

Bruce Temple
04-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Chas,

Let me know. I'm Bruce013@aol.com

Thanks Much, Bruce