PDA

View Full Version : Peaked my Radar (Possible Jonesy sighting) on ROL

UMRS
03-21-2006, 09:38 PM
I hope Im dead wrong about this, but the way I read these auctions this guy has 12 Aquarius Estes kits (Mint) and at least that many Vincent hobbies AIM-47A Kits . This guy has about a dozen of a lot fo OOP stuff. I just smell "Jonesy" again. Notice how they say the ROL email doesnt work. Am I just non trusting or does anybody else smell something fishy? Theres about 12 auctions or so. But most of them offer the same kits

I really hope Im way off base but after the Jonesy fraud on ROL, and ROLS refusal to cooperate with the postal inspector Im concerned.

Jonesy ROL Auctions? (http://www.rocketryonline.com/cgi-bin/auctions/auction.cgi?all_rockets&1143510138)

In case anybody forgot about the original fraud on ROL (http://www.unclemikesrocketshack.com/Deadbeats/Jeff_Jones.html)

rraeford
03-22-2006, 04:04 PM
Hard to say. The stuff he's selling sounds a little too good to be true but I know that a couple of those kits were sold off in lots because they were dogs. For example. I had the opportunity a few years ago to buy a gross of Explorer Aqauarius kits. And they're always for sale on eBay.

His feedback is pretty good.

Romie

UMRS
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
Hard to say. The stuff he's selling sounds a little too good to be true but I know that a couple of those kits were sold off in lots because they were dogs. For example. I had the opportunity a few years ago to buy a gross of Explorer Aqauarius kits. And they're always for sale on eBay.

His feedback is pretty good.

Romie

You could be right, I for one am just gun shy after getting burned by jonesy.

sandman
03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Mike, I don't think so.

Is that CTimm. Or was he just asking about it.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25538

This is from Bay City, Mi not Traverse City. Jonsy could have moved.

Ltvscout
03-22-2006, 05:51 PM
I hope Im dead wrong about this, but the way I read these auctions this guy has 12 Aquarius Estes kits (Mint) and at least that many Vincent hobbies AIM-47A Kits . This guy has about a dozen of a lot fo OOP stuff. I just smell "Jonesy" again. Notice how they say the ROL email doesnt work. Am I just non trusting or does anybody else smell something fishy? Theres about 12 auctions or so. But most of them offer the same kits
No, that's Chris Timm selling off those lots on ROL. He posted about it on TRF.

UMRS
03-22-2006, 10:19 PM

Scott thanks for that info !!!!!! . As you can see other than the vendor section over there I dont usually post to much, just once in a while. I can now rest easy and bid if I wish. I feel bad about getting suspicous but ...........

Chris if youre out there brother accept my apology, I was just being careful :)

Chris_Timm
03-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Chris if youre out there brother accept my apology, I was just being careful :)[/QUOTE]

Apology accepted!

Maybe the deals were too good to be true so I pulled them all except for the ones that had bids.

For the record, I have a CASE of Explorer Aquarius'.
I volunteered one as a prize in a TRF Design Contest that only required utilizing the unique cone.
The contest didn't even require any building, just a design!
Sadly, only 2 entrants. A guy in Minnesota won.

I also have a case of Delta Katt's, purchased from a guy in Wisconsin BEFORE they were bought up by another guy in upstate NY.

I also have a case of MRC TrailBlazer-II, Standard ARM AGM-78, and Sidewinders.
I tried 'trading' them to the upstate NY MPC guy, but he wouldn't trade MPC kits, only sell them.

The AIM-47A kits, well, as you know, I'm the guy who spent the time and money to do all the research, measuring, photographing, hiring an illustrator for top notch instructions, pre-weighting the nose-cone for guaranteed stability with an E9, and outsourcing the custom turned dual-tapered scale nose cone (with internal boring for weight slug) as well as the lasered fins and slotted tube to BMS. Only 100 kits were produced. I gave some away as gifts to various Museum staff, some to specific NAR people who I felt an "atta-boy" just wasn't enough, and a few sold to US, Canada, and Germany rocketeers.

The Estes LJ-2 & Tomcats were meant as enticing "value-added" items, as well a a Yitah Wu kitting of a Mercury-Little Joe baggie.

The Solar Sailor, Hercules, Custom, Rogue were whatever OOP kits I came across going thru the boxes of rockets.

Oh yeah, my ROL screenname is supposed to Astrobee_F but it didn't work out with the ROL software so I'm stuck being interpreted as space meat. For some reason, the ROL email doesn't work anymore for me. It doesn't even show up in the menu bar for accessing.
Did ROL get rid of their email? I do remember getting notices of having ROL email and finding out its nothing but virus-laden fwd:fwd:fwd spam crap. Anyways, that was why I mentioned the email not working thing.

I may just list them on greedBay individually. (unless someone makes an offer!)

My ebay id is NAR28346.
Yeah, I'm that old.
It should be NAR28346L for lifetime membership, but everyone would ask "what level are you?"

Back to your regularly scheduled forum.....................................................

UMRS
03-26-2006, 02:58 PM
I would still be willing to work out a deal for a Titan if you have any left???? Drop me a line let me know

Chris_Timm
04-19-2006, 06:39 PM

Romie had the guts to bid on one for $100 and won!
He then turned around and ebay'd all but one kit and got his $100 back and then some.
I'm still waiting for him to post positive a ROL feedback .
Must be too busy counting........... :rolleyes:

rraeford
04-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Hey Chris,

Just posted your feedback. Thanks. Yeah, I just wanted two of those kits and I basically got them for free. Did pretty well on a couple of others too.

Romie