PDA

View Full Version : Undecided on what to clone

DaveR
04-24-2006, 04:40 PM
I recently picked up a extremely good box of kit bashed and designers special leftovers from a fellow who was looking for some fast cash. Two treasures were included amongst the various centering rings, tubes, chutes and other goodies. An original PNC-50 nose cone and a p/n 071095 nose cone. According to my reliable data procured from the wonderful guys at Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe these nose cones go to the following kits:
PNC-50
1374 Orion
1928 Manta Bomber

P/N 071095
1941 Fox Fire
1999 Corsair
2039 Space Racer

Input requested:
What would you guys clone? The 1999 Corsair is out, seems when my laser went out it also caused my injection molding thingamajig to malfunction as well, so I can't reproduce the tail cone. Another sad attempt at humor.

ghrocketman
04-24-2006, 04:57 PM
My vote goes for the Manta Bomber; I own an original Attack Craft Orion and a Manta Bomber and find the Manta is much more appealing....it seems to fly better (but a little lower) too.

Ltvscout
04-24-2006, 04:59 PM
According to my reliable data procured from the wonderful guys at Ye Olde Rocket Shoppe these nose cones go to the following kits:
PNC-50
1374 Orion
1928 Manta Bomber

Input requested:
What would you guys clone?
Both of the above are cool kits. I like flying my Manta Bomber. It gets lots of oooh's and aaah's. :D

EchoVictor
04-24-2006, 05:03 PM
If you're specifically looking at cloning, my vote goes for the Manta Bomber as well. On a side note, don't forget that the PNC-50 was also used on the Centuri Python Fighter as well.

If you want to do something a little different, might I suggest an Assault Craft Corvus? :o

http://forums.rocketshoppe.com/showthread.php?t=770

Later,
EV