PDA

View Full Version : Estes 'S' engines

flygrimm
05-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I have been cleaning out our house for our move to Texas and I came across 3 packages of Estes 'S' engines that I have had for several years. All are new in the box with instructions and original igniters (the kind with the blue initiator). I have one pack each of the following: 1/4A3-2S, A5-0S, and A5-2S. All are dated Feb, 1972. If you are a collector (or not) and wish to have these, make me an offer. The only hitch is that I am not sure of the regulations regarding mailing these items. See you in Texas.

Stuart

dwmzmm
05-03-2006, 09:37 PM
I have been cleaning out our house for our move to Texas and I came across 3 packages of Estes 'S' engines that I have had for several years. All are new in the box with instructions and original igniters (the kind with the blue initiator). I have one pack each of the following: 1/4A3-2S, A5-0S, and A5-2S. All are dated Feb, 1972. If you are a collector (or not) and wish to have these, make me an offer. The only hitch is that I am not sure of the regulations regarding mailing these items. See you in Texas.

Stuart

Stuart...what part of Texas are you moving to? If you're coming to the Houston area, you're
more than welcome to join the Challenger 498 Section (west Houston) and/or the NASA/
Houston Rocket Club (southeast Houston, JSC area).

flygrimm
05-04-2006, 06:13 AM
I am moving to an area just north of Fort Worth called Keller. I am probably going to join DARS after I get there.

Stuart

Chas Russell
05-04-2006, 08:52 AM
Stuart,

Bring the motors with you and pershaps we can work out a trade. I live just southwest of Keller in North Fort Worth. My daughter teaches at Keller High School. My wife was "down-sized" at Keller, so the K word isn't mentioned much at home.
When will you be moving? DARS is hosting the National Sports Launch the end of May. It is about 122 miles south of my location. If you haven't checked out their schedule, go to www.dars.org.

Chas

dwmzmm
05-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I am moving to an area just north of Fort Worth called Keller. I am probably going to join DARS after I get there.

Stuart

Great! DARS is an excellent NAR Section with a lot of experience. Be sure to hook up with
Chas Russell and plan on coming to NSL - 2006 in McGregor. I know most of us Texans will
be there. Wish I could get my hands on some of those "S" engines too...

flygrimm
05-04-2006, 11:26 AM
Chas

That sound like a plan. I will e-mail you when we get in town. Unfortunately, we will not be able to attend the NSL as we are not leaving West Virginia until June 1st.

I feel your pain about being downsized. The airline I worked for in Washington Dulles went out of business in January and my new job requires me to move to Texas. Oh well, we can start a new life and meet new and interesting people.

As for the motors, I don't want a lot for them (I don' really know what they are worth), but maybe we can trade a kit or something for them.

Stuart

Starting over again!

Chas Russell
05-04-2006, 06:48 PM
Mr. flygrimm sez:

As for the motors, I don't want a lot for them (I don' really know what they are worth), but maybe we can trade a kit or something for them.

Stuart,
If someone else would like to make an offer for the diamond pak "S" motors, please feel free to entertain the offer. I believe I have some in the Estes blue tubes, that preceeded the diamond pak.

Looking forward to seeing you in June.

BTW, you will have two Hobby Lobbys within 10 miles.

Chas