PDA

View Full Version : Public Enemy SA-14 Archer High Power Rocket OOP

Ltvscout
04-03-2005, 04:10 PM
I've just placed this for sale up on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2567&item=5967437624&rd=1

Glasspack
08-29-2012, 11:09 AM
LTV

Do you have any photos of that model you put on Ebay.......... I am wondering if it the one I bought from Ebay years ago.......

The Sa-14 Archer from Public Enemy..... ?

Ltvscout
08-29-2012, 01:44 PM
This is a followup to the PM I just sent you. No wonder I don't recall having or owning this, it was over 7 years ago! No, I don't have any photos of it. Till I saw this I completely forgot I ever had that kit.

chadrog
08-29-2012, 01:52 PM
This is a followup to the PM I just sent you. No wonder I don't recall having or owning this, it was over 7 years ago! No, I don't have any photos of it. Till I saw this I completely forgot I ever had that kit.
The cool thing is is that it lived and died in our own back yard - The Bong.
http://youtu.be/WhYxijsmNq4

Glasspack
08-30-2012, 09:41 AM
Chad,

Very dissapointing for me to have made such a stupid novice mistake.. but I am after all a novice.... My son convinced me to rebuild it without comprimising the original strake fins at all. Since the fins have absolutely NO fire damage to them I decidede to put my modeling skills to the test.

[IMG]

The FED Ex Truck should be here today with the coupler, Tube & Shock cord pieces to rebuild her....

I have cut out the damaged section of the booster and left the strake fins intact. the FWD centering ring was carefully removed and will be replaced a little further back on the motor tube due to the top 1" of motor tube that became very "mushy" from the fire.

Glasspack
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
This is the largest and most extensive repairs I have undertaken on one of my models....

I just take my time and use my dremel tool and cutting wheels to get the damage cut out and make it easier to asses the damage. Once it is all cleared away the remains of the body tube are cut and peeled away from the fins root edges and off of the FWD centering ring. It left me with a weird looking rocket with spears sticking up over the tube. There will be a coupler in there and a new section of body tube with a centering ring to seal it all off. This time instead of epoxing the Shock strap to the motor mount tube, I will use a 1/8" compact U-Bolt assembly, Just like the payload bay has.