PDA

View Full Version : Nose Cone Designer?

MarkB.
01-24-2011, 07:20 PM
Carl?

I volunteer to Beta Test your new website function. The only thing I don't know about is the Control X1, Y1, X2 and Y2 functions. It did tell me I had to be logged on as a SAM to use it. It did allow me to enter data for, oh, I don't know, say a Vostok shroud, but I couldn't get anything else to happen.

As Desi used to say, "You got some splainin' to do."

Teach us.

Carl@Semroc
01-24-2011, 09:57 PM
Carl?

I volunteer to Beta Test your new website function. The only thing I don't know about is the Control X1, Y1, X2 and Y2 functions. It did tell me I had to be logged on as a SAM to use it. It did allow me to enter data for, oh, I don't know, say a Vostok shroud, but I couldn't get anything else to happen.

As Desi used to say, "You got some splainin' to do."

Teach us.
I working on it! It just gets more elaborater and complexor (almost to the point that I do not understand it.)

Save function is in the works now.

Carl@Semroc
01-26-2011, 06:29 PM
It is usable now. I need a help document! :D

Start with "NEW" to create a basic ogive shape. Adjust the shoulder to match tube or adjust the length of the first section to change size, then hit "REFRESH". When you are satisfied with the design, give it a name and hit "SAVE" to save it in your directory. Each SAM user can only save to his own directory and not to the Semroc main directory.

Another way to start is select a well known nose cone, transition, etc. in the Catalog Number field and clear the Owner field. This will bring up the current Semroc specifications for a part. You can modify those parameters and save it in your directory as a new part.

If you want to share your design with other SAM's, leave the Public field as "Yes". If you set it no "No", it is your private design and only you and Semroc can access it. Each balsa part is accessed by its unique Catalog Number and Owner. There can be as many BNC-20N nose cones as there are SAM's and they can all be different shapes! If you want to load a fellow SAM's design (if it is Public), you must enter the corresponding SAM# in the Owner field.

Use the "Notes" field for information such as "Upscale of Centuri BC-71" or "First test of my new nose cone", etc. This will show up in the master list of all nose cone (N.B.,add later.)

Most common types are Ogive, Ellipse, and Cone. They all need a beginning diameter, ending diameter, and length. The Control X1 is to modify the "fatness" of the shape. It can range from -1 (thin) to 0 (normal) to +1(fat). Many of the old Estes nose cones seemed to be around .2 for their ogives.

Bezier is a hard one to describe. Look up bezier curves for much more detail than I understand. It allows you to determine the shape of a curve by defining a starting point (begin diameter), ending point (end diameter) and two control points. The two contol points each are defined by x and y coordinates. If you have a shape in Corel Draw (or equiv.) you can read the bezier coordinates and enter them directly. (N.B.,Drawing needed!)

The Power, Haack, Parabolic series are identical to the ones in RockSim. Until now, I have not seen many of these three actually used in production nose cones.

The Split section is used to provide a saw point to separate two parts. See the BNC-3ET for an example.

The Flat is used to terminate a coupler or transition.

The None ends the nose cone. If you want to add an additional section, change the final None to the next shaper. See the TA-2050 for an example. See the BNC-2 for another very complex design.

Every balsa part generated can not be made on our equipment. The tool gets in the way if there is too much "flare" in the shape. (N.B.,Need test for tool hit.)

When you hit "Save" or "Save As", the program calculates and writes your unique cnc file to our server, so we can cut your balsa part minutes later. It calculates how long it will take to cut the part, how much balsa is needed, and calculates the volume of the part, its weight (based on 7lb/cf balsa), its length (minus shoulder) and its retail price. It also sends us an email to tell us that it has been written. (N.B., add capability to check box to designate whether this is for a future design or current need.)

It is possible to upscale and downscale a current design by scaling all the numbers provided with a calculator. Later, I will add a scale button to simplify that. For example, reading the beginning shape, then using a pull-down box to select the target tube type, like BT-20 to BT-70. As many times as I have done that, you would think I had already added that.

This is wordy without many pictures, so it will take some playing with it to get proficient. Hopefully, we will have several SAM's that can help with your project.

tbzep
01-26-2011, 06:34 PM
Looks like I can sell my lathe and balsa stock now. :p

barone
01-26-2011, 06:54 PM
Man....I don't come to the forum enough..... :o

Carl@Semroc
01-26-2011, 07:26 PM
I think I experienced a little temporary dumbness last week, I have only just understood that not only were you showing me the proto NC, but that I could make adjustments and save as a different file. I must confess to feeling that I stumbled into a DoD server and would be making earth shattering changes!

Thanks for the access, and for the tool. Is there a way to delete a design once I have saved it in error? I did a "Save As" and a (0) was appeneded to the file name. Pretty sure you do not want your server clogged up with dubious files...
John,

I just added the save capability today. I will put the ability to delete an unused design on my list of to-do's.

CPMcGraw
01-26-2011, 09:54 PM
Carl,

See if you can add the ability to directly enter a dimension value in the boxes, either via keyboard direct or from a cut-n-paste operation. I'm running Safari, and it won't allow me to do a direct input - only through the up/down buttons (and, interestingly, the up-arrow/down-arrow keys).

Another feature (I'm sure you've thought about this a lot) would be a visual graphic representation of the part. Not everyone has RockSim or OpenRocket...

I'm trying it out now...

Addendum: The direct input is hit-and-miss. One box refused to let me type in a value, while another lets me.

Carl@Semroc
01-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Carl,

See if you can add the ability to directly enter a dimension value in the boxes, either via keyboard direct or from a cut-n-paste operation. I'm running Safari, and it won't allow me to do a direct input - only through the up/down buttons (and, interestingly, the up-arrow/down-arrow keys).

Another feature (I'm sure you've thought about this a lot) would be a visual graphic representation of the part. Not everyone has RockSim or OpenRocket...

I'm trying it out now...

Addendum: The direct input is hit-and-miss. One box refused to let me type in a value, while another lets me.
Can you not see the nose cone? It is output via VML. I started to use Java, but it was another layer to learn. The spinners and input areas are in Java because HTML was not clean enough. On my PC, I have to use the numeric pad to input the minus, but other numbers work on main keyboard or numeric pad. Mysterious.

Carl@Semroc
01-26-2011, 11:50 PM
I just loaded Safari and it throws away all the VML. :mad:

Time for me to learn SVG.

blackshire
01-27-2011, 12:42 AM
Can the program do Von Karman ogives as well as tangent ogives and secant ogives?

Carl@Semroc
01-27-2011, 01:00 AM
Can the program do Von Karman ogives as well as tangent ogives and secant ogives?
The Haack series gives
LV-Haack if Control X1 = .333
LD-Haack if Control X1 = 0
LD-Haack, is commonly referred to as the Von Kármán or the Von Kármán Ogive.

The Ogive shape is for tangent ogives. I use Bezier for secant ogives.

Nose cone design (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose_cone_design) has been a good reference for this program.

blackshire
01-27-2011, 02:26 AM
Thank you, Carl! The term "Haack" was nibbling at my mind, but I couldn't remember why.

MarkB.
02-07-2011, 07:39 PM
As a golfer I am fundamentally opposed to using anything called Haack . . . .

But seriously,

Carl,

1) I am getting an image of what I'm making by using the refresh button,
2) When I save it, where does it go ?
3) how do I get it back?
4) how do I designate it for payment and cutting? ( as opposed to a purely academic exercise).

Thanks for this feature; I hope you get smothered with kissees from your favorite Jessica (Simpson, Beil, Alba, Walter, Tandy, whatever)

Carl@Semroc
02-07-2011, 10:19 PM
As a golfer I am fundamentally opposed to using anything called Haack . . . .I always think about one of our dogs swallowing a whole chewstick!

1) I am getting an image of what I'm making by using the refresh button,
2) When I save it, where does it go ?
3) how do I get it back?
4) how do I designate it for payment and cutting? ( as opposed to a purely academic exercise).
It stores under your SAM# as Owner. To get it back, type the Cat Num and your SAM#.

Email me to get it cut. I am still trying to figure out how to add that feature!

I did spend two days trying to use SVG to output it for Safari and others. VML works for IE only. I played with Rafael which seems to work with both, sometimes. ARGH....

Solomoriah
02-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Perhaps I'm being overly simplistic, but can't you just generate PNG or JPG?

Tau Zero
02-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I did spend two days trying to use SVG to output it for Safari and others. VML works for IE only. I played with Rafael which seems to work with both, sometimes. ARGH....Google Chrome doesn't show any kind of picture, either. (heavy sigh)

FYI,

Carl@Semroc
02-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Perhaps I'm being overly simplistic, but can't you just generate PNG or JPG?Do you know of a program to convert vector to png? I have tried several with no success. That would be ideal!

Solomoriah
02-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Your web server runs Window$, right?

Carl@Semroc
02-08-2011, 10:00 PM
Your web server runs Window$, right?
Yes

CPMcGraw
02-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Do you know of a program to convert vector to png? I have tried several with no success. That would be ideal!

If you're talking about SVG, Corel DRAW is doing it for me, and Inkscape will Save As a PNG. I'm 'exporting' from Corel Draw as a PNG without a whimper from it.

I know we're talking about the web interface here, but Inkscape is an OpenSource program hosted on Sourceforge.

CPMcGraw
02-08-2011, 10:18 PM
Here's something that comes from the Apache group (Apache Webserver folks), and it may be written in JAVA...

How to Convert a SVG File to PNG (http://www.ehow.com/how_4764609_convert-svg-file-png-format.html)

Carl@Semroc
02-08-2011, 10:41 PM
If you're talking about SVG, Corel DRAW is doing it for me, and Inkscape will Save As a PNG. I'm 'exporting' from Corel Draw as a PNG without a whimper from it.

I know we're talking about the web interface here, but Inkscape is an OpenSource program hosted on Sourceforge.
The design program outputs .ai format and VML for the vector files. The VML is displayed directly in IE. The .ai file is saved for later. I use CorelDraw to convert the batch of .ai files to .jpg when i have at lease about 20 new files. This is a manual process since the server cannot run Corel scripts. When I output SVG, Safari cannot display it unless it is stored as a file first (for some reason.)

Solomoriah
02-08-2011, 11:10 PM
ImageMagick's convert command can do it:
http://www.imagemagick.org/

as can the rsvg command found in the librsvg package:
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/librsvg/2.22/

In both cases, you'd probably have to save the SVG output to a temp file, run the command to create a temp PNG, then forward the latter to the user. I'd guess that rsvg would be faster but there's no telling until you try.

EDIT: Just saw Carl's last post. AI is Adobe Illustrator, right? ImageMagick can convert it also, but apparently only with Ghostscript also installed. That'd be a bit much. VML is apparently a real b*tch to convert. If you can go to SVG, though, there are some options (including the above, of course).

Carl@Semroc
02-09-2011, 08:25 PM
The Balsa Designer now uses Raphael and should work on most browsers. It uses Raphael and requires Java ( like about everything else.) It works on Safari, IE8, Chrome, and Safari on an iPhone.

Carl@Semroc
02-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Is everyone able to view the cones on the new Balsa Designer?

I am going to convert all our online parts to Rafael if everyone can view them. It is easier to generate them programatically instead of using a manual process to convert from .AI to .JPG or .PNG.

CPMcGraw
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Carl,

When I change the shape drop-down to something other than where it defaults (ogive), there is no visible change to that shape. If I press "refresh", the image not only does not refresh to the new shape, the whole data area at the bottom disappears off the window.

Environment: Safari 5.0.3, Windows 7 Pro

Addendum: Just tried it with IE8. Same effect. No refresh, blank data area at the bottom...

jharding58
02-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Thanks Carl. This seems to be fine with IE8 under XP

Carl@Semroc
02-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Carl,

When I change the shape drop-down to something other than where it defaults (ogive), there is no visible change to that shape. If I press "refresh", the image not only does not refresh to the new shape, the whole data area at the bottom disappears off the window.

Environment: Safari 5.0.3, Windows 7 Pro

Addendum: Just tried it with IE8. Same effect. No refresh, blank data area at the bottom...
Did you give it a name before refreshing it? I assume you do see the cone now?

CPMcGraw
02-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Did you give it a name before refreshing it? I assume you do see the cone now?

That was the problem! Thanks, Carl. Now my two Foxhound cones are entered safely.

Eagle3
02-21-2011, 02:15 PM

I am going to convert all our online parts to Rafael if everyone can view them. It is easier to generate them programatically instead of using a manual process to convert from .AI to .JPG or .PNG.

Yep, I can view fine. When you get a moment could you tell me the two cat numbers I have saved?

Thanks,
Buzz

jharding58
02-21-2011, 02:32 PM
I suppose at some point we could ask for a design list by owner number to populate the catalog number with a pull down list; limited to those associated with the owner number, if other than Semroc.

jharding58
02-21-2011, 02:40 PM
Although a get limited by owner number rather renders the initials redundant.

Carl@Semroc
02-21-2011, 03:12 PM
Yep, I can view fine. When you get a moment could you tell me the two cat numbers I have saved?

Thanks,
BuzzI changed them to
SERGEANT-NC and SERGEANT-NC(0) . They had a space in them. SQL will not find the space unless it is in quotes and I have to check for a space to put the quotes around it, so ....

<NEW RULE> Better to leave off spaces in Catalog Number. </NEW RULE>! :D

Carl@Semroc
02-21-2011, 04:58 PM
Link to Custom Directory now on home page. Needs work to add links to parts.

jharding58
02-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Still cooler that you know what.

blackshire
02-21-2011, 09:11 PM

I am going to convert all our online parts to Rafael if everyone can view them. It is easier to generate them programatically instead of using a manual process to convert from .AI to .JPG or .PNG.That's fine by me. I'd never even heard of Rafael or Safari (in the computer context, of course), and with my 8 year-old Dell running Windows XP and IE6 I'm completely "out of this game" no matter what.

Eagle3
02-21-2011, 09:49 PM
Link to Custom Directory now on home page. Needs work to add links to parts.

Sweet! Thanks Carl!

MarkB.
02-25-2011, 07:14 AM
Now all we need is a link to add to cart/purchase.

$$

Mark II
02-25-2011, 11:03 PM
This is so cool!!!

CPMcGraw
02-26-2011, 12:58 PM
I've just entered a cone in the "public" area for the BNC-60MX, which is a balsa version of the PNC-60MX used in the Geo Sat LV, MX Missile, and Mini Mars Lander. The very tip of the cone was difficult to shape, but I think I came close enough to make it usable. I haven't figured out yet how to 'round the tip' of a conical section...

(Not a bad price figure - $5.20)

jharding58
02-26-2011, 01:17 PM
I haven't figured out yet how to 'round the tip' of a conical section...
Digital sandpaper?

jharding58
02-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Take a look at BNC-20Y in the Designer. Carl went from conic to bezier to get the rounded tip.

CPMcGraw
02-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Take a look at BNC-20Y in the Designer. Carl went from conic to bezier to get the rounded tip.

I couldn't get that one to show up in the designer. When I tried to use bezier for the tip, the shape went everywhere except round. I changed it to power, and fiddled with it, but it still comes out looking like a cone.

jharding58
02-26-2011, 03:50 PM
You can cause the BNC-20Y to point if the length is increased to more than 0.7. With the Bezier it requires the definition of the Control X1, Y1, X2, Y2 variables which I assume are the various control points. This would also work for the GEO SAT LV! If I could only figure out how to make Rocksim 9 do this

But the Designer is doing bizarre things today...

http://www.math.ucla.edu/~baker/149.1.02w/handouts/bb_bezier.pdf

Mark II
02-26-2011, 07:31 PM
I used the designer to upscale two nose cones and a transition. I saved them all in the public directory. One of the nose cones shows up twice, because I renamed it. BC-22547 and BC-22548 are the very same cone. Using Semroc nose cone numbering, BC-22548 is the more accurate name for it. It is a 175% upscale of the nose cone that I used for my FSI Maverick repro. The BR-225275 adds the missing and much-needed ( :D ) LT-225 to LT-275 transition. The BNC-80HEO is a 197% (roughly 200%) upscale of the nose cone that I used for my Eos repro. (This scale-up is gonna be big!) I very much want to get all three parts made, because they directly relate to projects that I am about to start. Just one more transition to add and then I'll be all set.

I followed Carl's suggestion to do the upscales; I simply multiplied every number in the designer for each part by the scale factor, and when I hit Refresh, by golly, there it was each time. Doing the calculations by hand before entering them in was no big deal. The one minor issue that I have with the Designer is that there is no way to exit back to the home page from it. I had to close the tab in my browser and then reload the Semroc Home page in a new tab in order to see my parts in the Custom Parts List. Oh, yeah, and also the lack of an "Add to cart" button. :D

Carl@Semroc
02-26-2011, 07:35 PM
...But the Designer is doing bizarre things today...

Generally, the Control X2 is the same as the Length to get the tangent at the end point at a 90 degree angle on the final section. I have been working on the math to automatically make a spherical tip on an ogive or conical section with radius x. It is just slightly above my ability right now! :confused:

Carl@Semroc
02-26-2011, 07:45 PM
I used the designer to upscale two nose cones and a transition. I saved them all in the public directory. One of the nose cones shows up twice, because I renamed it. BC-22547 and BC-22548 are the very same cone. Using Semroc nose cone numbering, BC-22548 is the more accurate name for it. It is a 175% upscale of the nose cone that I used for my FSI Maverick repro. The BR-225275 adds the missing and much-needed ( :D ) LT-225 to LT-275 transition. The BNC-80HEO is a 197% (roughly 200%) upscale of the nose cone that I used for my Eos repro. (This scale-up is gonna be big!) I very much want to get all three parts made, because they directly relate to projects that I am about to start. Just one more transition to add and then I'll be all set.

I followed Carl's suggestion to do the upscales; I simply multiplied every number in the designer for each part by the scale factor, and when I hit Refresh, by golly, there it was each time. Doing the calculations by hand before entering them in was no big deal. The one minor issue that I have with the Designer is that there is no way to exit back to the home page from it. I had to close the tab in my browser and then reload the Semroc Home page in a new tab in order to see my parts in the Custom Parts List. Oh, yeah, and also the lack of an "Add to cart" button. :D
In the works are:
1. Delete part.
2. Rename part.
3. Scale part from one Series to another Series (like Mark did, but without the math)
4. Lock part (finalize and release the part so no more changes can be made)... then
5. Add part to cart.
6. Back to home page.
7. View catalog (and return) from designer page.
8. Ability to search and filter entire catalog on catalog page (all public including Semroc)
9. Insert a section and delete a section.
10. Calculate tool travel to eliminate impossible-to-cut possibilities.
11. ... other suggestions!

Thanks for all your work wringing this out.

jharding58
02-26-2011, 08:10 PM
62. Generate Rocksim component file. ;)

Eagle3
02-26-2011, 10:35 PM

Speaking of which.... is there a good rocksim library of Semroc parts. I tried searching EMRR yesterday and can't even find the old parts libraries from the previous ownership. :confused:

Great "in the works" list Carl!

Ltvscout
02-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Speaking of which.... is there a good rocksim library of Semroc parts. I tried searching EMRR yesterday and can't even find the old parts libraries from the previous ownership. :confused:
I'd bet Craig or Jay could set you up with the Semroc parts databases for RockSim.

CPMcGraw
02-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd bet Craig or Jay could set you up with the Semroc parts databases for RockSim.

The last set of parts is posted (somewhere) here, but it's at least two years old. I know we've started an update on two occasions, but "other stuff" got in the way of completing it.

Maybe that should be a project for us this year...

CPMcGraw
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM

When the part is a continuous shape, this is not so difficult, but if you 'break' the continuity, like blending an ogive with a conical, or in the case of the BC-760, which is a BC-1052 ogive forward section with a trailing BR-710, you cannot get a single Rocksim component. It takes multiple 'building blocks' to get those complex items.

Bad thing, it doesn't fit into a "subassembly" that easily, either.

jharding58
02-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Generally, the Control X2 is the same as the Length to get the tangent at the end point at a 90 degree angle on the final section. I have been working on the math to automatically make a spherical tip on an ogive or conical section with radius x. It is just slightly above my ability right now! :confused:

Not complaining at all. I got a round Bezier on the last cone and I am more than happy.

MarkB.
04-30-2011, 07:28 AM
Carl,

Anything going on with the Nose Cone Designer?

MarkB.
08-10-2011, 04:57 PM
Carl,

Now that NARAM is over, any chance we'll see a "BUY IT" addition to the Nose Cone Designer list?

Eagle3
08-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Carl,

Now that NARAM is over, any chance we'll see a "BUY IT" addition to the Nose Cone Designer list?

+1

;)
Buzz

Raygun
08-10-2011, 11:27 PM

I think he did say the haack series in his post.

DaveR
08-11-2011, 09:58 AM
Carl,

+2
I need a BT-80 upscale of the PNC-50Y which is listed, I just need a "button" to click. ;)

CPMcGraw
11-13-2011, 12:00 PM
Carl,

I'm trying to add a new cone shape, which requires additional sections. The page seems to be fighting me, not giving me any means to "add" a new column to the right for the next section. Maybe I've forgotten something, but I thought the "Add Section" would automatically pop up a new column once I selected a shape and started entering data.

Carl@Semroc
11-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Carl,

I'm trying to add a new cone shape, which requires additional sections. The page seems to be fighting me, not giving me any means to "add" a new column to the right for the next section. Maybe I've forgotten something, but I thought the "Add Section" would automatically pop up a new column once I selected a shape and started entering data.
When a new section is added, hit the refresh button to change it. It is awkward, but is one of the aspects that is under improvements.

CPMcGraw
11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
When a new section is added, hit the refresh button to change it. It is awkward, but is one of the aspects that is under improvements.

Had to do that several times before it showed the changes, but now it's doing what I expected. Thanks!

jdud
11-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I fiddled with this new tool last night - I just made a couple of simple items (upscale BNC-55AO and transition). I must say, this is pretty COOL! Now, if I can just order them, I can make my upscale Pathfinder.

jharding58
11-22-2011, 06:52 AM
Try the Contact Us link with your SAM number and the article number(s).

CPMcGraw
12-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Had to do that several times before it showed the changes, but now it's doing what I expected. Thanks!

Carl,

I'm having absolutely no joy tonight, trying to get the Designer to "REFRESH" correctly. I can get the first section started, then add a new section, and it completely blanks out the workspace when I hit "REFRESH". Not even the upper data remains, everything within the data grid is being blanked out.

I'm trying to work up a simple transition, BR-811-L. 1.5" long, series 8 to series 11.

ADDENDUM: This also happens when I hit "ENTER" after feeding in a data value in a section.

My system environment:

Linux Mint 12, Chromium browser.

Carl@Semroc
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Craig,

Are you giving it a Catalog Number? It uses that to track inside the session.

What browser are you using? It works here on IE8 and Chrome.

:confused:

EDIT: I see it in the directory now.

Tau Zero
12-01-2011, 09:02 PM
I'm trying to work up a simple transition, BR-811-L. 1.5" long, series 8 to series 11.Craig,

I looked up Carl's preexisting stock parts and modified a BR-8F11L from an ST-8F to ST-8:

http://www.semroc.com/store/Scripts/NC1.asp?ID=BR-811L&OWN=0029

Will that work for you in the meantime? ;) :D :confused:

Cheers,

CPMcGraw
12-01-2011, 10:33 PM
Craig,

Are you giving it a Catalog Number? It uses that to track inside the session.

What browser are you using? It works here on IE8 and Chrome.

:confused:

EDIT: I see it in the directory now.

Yeah, but each time I hit the REFRESH button, everything blanks out on my screen. It just never wants to move forward to the next screen (adding the new section).

I'm using the "unbranded" Chromium browser, which is the base version for Google Chrome.

However, I just tried running the Designer in Firefox, and it worked. You should now see the completed transition in the directory. There must be something in the Chromium executable that is interfering with your .ASP code.

One trivial item: The sections allow "SHOULDER" as an option, but won't show it in the image. It will show "POWER", however, which visually does what I'm looking for. Maybe this is another tweak to work out. What the sections don't offer as an option is another "BEVEL". Maybe you could add this as an option in the drop-down list.

CPMcGraw
12-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Craig,

I looked up Carl's preexisting stock parts and modified a BR-8F11L from an ST-8F to ST-8:

http://www.semroc.com/store/Scripts/NC1.asp?ID=BR-811L&OWN=0029

Will that work for you in the meantime? ;) :D :confused:

Cheers,

Visually, yes! In fact, it looks better than mine! You managed to get the bevel on the shoulder, when I couldn't. Of course, as I mentioned to Carl, I was having trouble with the Designer on my browser, and it was distracting me.

I need to study your version a bit... :D

Thanks, Jay!

Tau Zero
12-01-2011, 11:47 PM
Visually, yes! In fact, it looks better than mine! You managed to get the bevel on the shoulder, when I couldn't. Of course, as I mentioned to Carl, I was having trouble with the Designer on my browser, and it was distracting me.

I need to study your version a bit... :D

Thanks, Jay!Craig,

Like I said, I just modified a preexisting piece, instead of building it completely from scratch. Carl did all the hard work. ;) :D

Cheers,

Solomoriah
12-01-2011, 11:56 PM
ASP means a Windows server; it probably doesn't like your system very well...

... wouldn't like mine either. :D

Firefox seems to do a better job working around these sorts of issues than Chromium does.

CPMcGraw
12-02-2011, 11:50 PM
Carl,

Now that we've kinda-sorta got the Designer thingie working, how about posting here what our procedure is again on how to actually place the order? I've got an order started, and I need to add a few components from the custom list to get a total.

I need a couple of fin sheets burned, too...

It's prototype season! :D

Eagle3
12-06-2011, 09:35 AM
I'd be interested as well Carl if it's possible to do so.

Thanks,
Buzz

jharding58
03-21-2012, 05:30 AM
NCD is generating errors this morning. Attempting to add sections to a shoulder and I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000b'

Division by zero

/store/Scripts/NC1.asp, line 1712

What I am trying to do is provide a constant diameter section prior to an ogive terminal section.

Carl@Semroc
03-21-2012, 04:03 PM
NCD is generating errors this morning. Attempting to add sections to a shoulder and I get the following error:

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a000b'

Division by zero

/store/Scripts/NC1.asp, line 1712

What I am trying to do is provide a constant diameter section prior to an ogive terminal section.

That error is from a zero length ogive. I never tried that!

jharding58
03-21-2012, 06:15 PM
I can break pretty well anything. The fixing thereof may be a problem however. By the way, I went around it by using a parallel cone prior to the ogive. I guess I could have used a block also and got rid of the round shoulder.