PDA

View Full Version : Can someone identify this Centuri kit?

CPMcGraw
05-25-2006, 03:23 PM
I'm looking at the 1971 Centuri catalog, page 50, where the "Servo Launcher" is advertised.

Which model rocket kit is being shown here? It resembles the Astrobee 350 kit, but it has some simulated conduits running ahead of each fin which this kit doesn't have.

Anyone know if this was an actual Centuri kit (packaged with those conduits), or if this is the A350 with some "kitbashed" appendages?

SEL
05-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm looking at the 1971 Centuri catalog, page 50, where the "Servo Launcher" is advertised.

Which model rocket kit is being shown here? It resembles the Astrobee 350 kit, but it has some simulated conduits running ahead of each fin which this kit doesn't have.

Anyone know if this was an actual Centuri kit (packaged with those conduits), or if this is the A350 with some "kitbashed" appendages?

Later versions (Aerobee-350) came with conduits. I'm looking at the 74-75 catalogue, pg. 22.
Not sure when the actual change occured.

Sean

CPMcGraw
05-25-2006, 03:54 PM
Later versions (Aerobee-350) came with conduits. I'm looking at the 74-75 catalogue, pg. 22.
Not sure when the actual change occured.

Sean

Sean,

Thanks for the heads-up. I had just looked at the page where the model was located and never noticed it. Getting blind in one eye and can't see out the other, I guess...

The 1971 version seems to be the first with the conduits, BTW. The 1969 version doesn't show them...