PDA

View Full Version : Sod Farm, March 5, 2011

chadrog
03-05-2011, 03:49 PM
Cold and windy cold and windy cold and windy I'm getting tired of cold and windy. Oh well, guess we should launch some rockets. The weather today was just that, Which I would assume is the reason there were so few of us there. Funny that the worst possible conditions would lead to so many great flights! No rockets were lost, and all but one landed in the field (glad you found it, Rex!) Flights were limited due to the conditions, but plenty of D and smaller engines burned today. The highlight of the day came in the form of an Estes Snitch, check my youtube videos for details.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOSwxAwlLW4

X-wooshprez
03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Is there condensation on that camera lens or is it smudged?
The quality of the videos are obscured terribly.
You guys were nuts to go out there today but I am glad you had a good time.

DANLK66
03-06-2011, 08:25 AM
Just a couple pics from the day.

DANLK66
03-06-2011, 08:30 AM
And a couple more.

76gunner
03-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Looks fun, no matter what the weather! I remember back in the day, launching an Estes Big Bertha in the dead of winter. There was a light snow falling and it was COLD and overcast. To watch that beasties rise slowly off the pad into the snowy skies was a thing of beauty..... ahhhhh, them were the days!

I just purchased my first two kits in.... well, a long time! I got a Big Bertha and a Baby Bertha. Much to my dismay, I opened the Baby and found STICKERS for the body tube! :eek:

I have been gone tooooooo long! Still in all, I'm looking forward to get some projectiles back in the air. Be safe, and keep 'em flyin'.

Gunner

chadrog
03-18-2011, 04:22 PM
Looks fun, no matter what the weather! I remember back in the day, launching an Estes Big Bertha in the dead of winter. There was a light snow falling and it was COLD and overcast. To watch that beasties rise slowly off the pad into the snowy skies was a thing of beauty..... ahhhhh, them were the days!

I just purchased my first two kits in.... well, a long time! I got a Big Bertha and a Baby Bertha. Much to my dismay, I opened the Baby and found STICKERS for the body tube! :eek:

I have been gone tooooooo long! Still in all, I'm looking forward to get some projectiles back in the air. Be safe, and keep 'em flyin'.

Gunner
Be carefull Gunner- when I got back into it I thought I would only have a couple rockets, too.

76gunner
03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
LOL, ya, I remember how addicting this is ;) My fleet at one point was well over 30 birds, but with all my moves in the Navy they didn't fair well.

The only ones that have survived is a Cherokee D, a Comet and an old Drifter.... I still have a bunch of old plans and fin marking guides laying about, guess I need to get them scanned in, and into the hands of the right people.

Gonna hit the pit for now, tomorrow I'm going to see the best flight demonstration team in the WORLD, the Navy's Blue Angels..... Boo yah!

Take care all, dream of smooth lift offs and safe recoveries ;)

Gunner