PDA

View Full Version : More new Estes stuff from the Las Vegas hobby show

turbofireball
05-09-2011, 09:39 PM
While not as groundbreaking as the Pro Series II stuff, here are pics and info of the rest of the new items shown by Estes at the recent Las Vegas hobby show:

turbofireball
05-09-2011, 09:41 PM
New accessories:

turbofireball
05-09-2011, 09:42 PM
new launch sets:

o1d_dude
05-09-2011, 10:16 PM
Nice stuff. The tube cutting guides are pretty slick and who doesn't love some upscale Hi Flier?

Estes has been busy, I'd say...and listening, too.

A Fish Named Wallyum
05-09-2011, 11:25 PM
Nice stuff. The tube cutting guides are pretty slick and who doesn't love some upscale Hi Flier?

Estes has been busy, I'd say...and listening, too.

I like the idea of the tube cutting guides, but the Sky Twister is just another Cosmic Cobra.

Gus
05-09-2011, 11:25 PM
I'm presuming from the look of them that the tube cutting guides must twist-tighten. What a great idea. Really looking forward to trying them.

JumpJet
05-09-2011, 11:31 PM
Actually you push them together to tighten them.

John Boren

Royatl
05-10-2011, 01:20 AM
new launch sets:

So the Launch Set version of the MA3 is only set up for D motors?

BEC
05-10-2011, 01:33 AM
Saw prototypes of the tube cutting guides and the adapters at NARCON. It's nice to see production hardware...that means they're getting close. Cool!

Shreadvector
05-10-2011, 06:51 AM
So the Launch Set version of the MA3 is only set up for D motors?

Define "set up for".

Chas Russell
05-10-2011, 08:30 AM
The Maxi Alpha 3 starter set probably has a launch controller that does not meet the safety code wire length for launching E motors. Just a guess on my part.

Chas

JumpJet
05-10-2011, 08:41 AM
The Maxi Alpha 3 starter set probably has a launch controller that does not meet the safety code wire length for launching E motors. Just a guess on my part.

Actually you would be wrong. As built per the instructions and using the included parts this model will only accept up to an Estes D size motor in length. If you want to fly a Maxi Alpha 3 on an Estes E motor purchase the kit version which comes with the needed parts to except an E engine.

John Boren

Shreadvector
05-10-2011, 08:46 AM
Actually you would be wrong. As built per the instructions and using the included parts this model will only except up to an Estes D size motor in length. If you want to fly a Maxi Alpha 3 on an Estes E motor purchase the kit version which comes with the needed parts to except an E engine.

John Boren

Very clever. (and it's "accept', not "except").

Keep spewing those new products out. We'll keep spewing cash at you. :D

Please tell us about launch pad and controller for Pro Series II (if you can).

JumpJet
05-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Please tell us about launch pad and controller for Pro Series II (if you can).

Sorry, I can't

John Boren

P.S. Updated Spelling

Shreadvector
05-10-2011, 08:59 AM
Sorry, I can't

John Boren

P.S. Updated Spelling

Well, that just makes us more excited. We're quivering in antici..........Pation.

:D

Rocketflyer
05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Sorry, I can't

John Boren

P.S. Updated Spelling

OK, but I'm with Shread on this. I'm really anticipating these.
Good job on the Pro Series II kits!

ghrocketman
05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
Any mention of any further single-use black powder new or further bring-back motors ?
Short of the beloved B14, I'd really like to see the C5 and B8 series back.

Chas Russell
05-10-2011, 09:36 AM
As I said, I was guessing on why the MA3 starter set stated only for D motors. So, there are two kits that only differ by the length of the motor mount? Jeez, collect the whole series! I would have thought having one version would simplify inventory, but again I do not have a marketing degree.

Chas

Bill
05-10-2011, 09:47 AM
Any mention of any further single-use black powder new or further bring-back motors ?
Short of the beloved B14, I'd really like to see the C5 and B8 series back.

Did somebody say B14? BINGO!!!

Bill

ghrocketman
05-10-2011, 02:14 PM
Yep, I (as well as MANY on this site) did say that I wanted B14's again but the powers that be even at the new Estes have stated they will never do it even if we will buy them.
Amazes me that they could be produced in the 60's and 70's, but not now with the much safer manufacturing modern processes. Yes there IS such a thing as safe ENOUGH.
I wish somebody else would step up then.
What we DO NOT need are any more new over-priced low thrust long-burn SU BP motors from ANYBODY.
With the exception of gliders, one can ALWAYS use a high thrust motor in light models, but the converse of using low thrust in heavy models cannot be done.

Bill
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Anybody want to venture a guess whether the Solar Warrior would be stable if gap-staged where the blue ends?

Bill

Ironnerd
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Tube cutting guides: COOL.
Motor adapters: Nice (even if I do just build my own). How much do they weigh?
Solar Warrior: Style 9.3, Deco 9. The YelllowJacket has a cool set of stripes that created a nice transition effect. Would look nice on this one as well (IMHO).

Really cool stuff!

When are you bringing back the "Fin Aligment Guide". I lost mine in the move from Oakland to Indianapolis :( ...

turbofireball
05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
The Fin Alignment Guide has been available for over a month now. Both LHS and online should have them.

Bill
05-11-2011, 01:04 PM
When are you bringing back the "Fin Aligment Guide". I lost mine in the move from Oakland to Indianapolis :( ...

I saw one at HobbyTown USA last weekend.

Bill

Ironnerd
05-12-2011, 05:30 AM
yuh-whaaa? Good news everyone! I'm off to Hobby Town to buy an alignment guide.

scigs30
05-13-2011, 09:05 AM
I hope this Maxi Alpha comes with a red nose.

Initiator001
05-13-2011, 04:38 PM
I understand there will be a Mini-Comanche-3 kit coming out later this year.

More uses for the A10-3T motor. :D

scigs30
05-13-2011, 04:41 PM
I for one really like that Estes is releasing the kits 2-3 at a time, makes it much easier on my wallet.

dyaugo
05-13-2011, 08:24 PM
Sorry, I can't

John Boren

P.S. Updated Spelling

he could, but if he did he would have to kill you..LOL

Leo
05-14-2011, 02:09 PM
I hope this Maxi Alpha comes with a red nose.

I got mine today and it has a white nose cone.

Shreadvector
05-14-2011, 03:43 PM
I got mine today and it has a white nose cone.

Just to clarify:

Everyone knows that tha indivdual kits (with E motor sized mounts) came with white nose cones.

He was commenting on the Launch Set with the version that has a D sized motor mount. His hope was that this version would have the red nose cone.

Was the version you were commenting on the individual kit or the rocket inside the Launch Set???

Leo
05-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Just to clarify:

Everyone knows that tha indivdual kits (with E motor sized mounts) came with white nose cones.

He was commenting on the Launch Set with the version that has a D sized motor mount. His hope was that this version would have the red nose cone.

Was the version you were commenting on the individual kit or the rocket inside the Launch Set???

I got the individual kit. I didn't pay attention that this was about the launch set :(