PDA

View Full Version : non-WOOSH

Royatl
05-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Is there any way for non-WOOSHers to not have to see the WOOSH-related posts here?

thanks,

Mark II
05-27-2011, 11:34 PM
I just ignore them. I am selective about which threads I read anyway, so skipping those that have no relevance to me isn't any big deal. Now I barely even notice them. The forum is Scott's house, so we follow his rules when we are here. I have absolutely no problem with his tacking on additions (subforums) to his "house" for use by his home club. In fact, that's a rather nice thing that he has done for it. Adding those sections does not take anything away from the sections of YORF that I use.

Ltvscout
05-28-2011, 08:58 AM
Is there any way for non-WOOSHers to not have to see the WOOSH-related posts here?

thanks,
No, but I will be condensing the WOOSH area to just a few sub-forums vs the many there are now.

tbzep
05-28-2011, 09:06 AM
You can't when you use the "new posts" or "today's posts" options, but you can collapse the whole Whoosh block when you are looking at the main forum page. Just click on the little triangle on the right.

Bill
05-28-2011, 09:21 AM

Personally, I prefer to see them. There are some interesting things in there sometimes, and it is not always WOOSH specific.

Additionally, as an officer in my club, it is beneficial to see how others do things.

Bill

kevinj
05-29-2011, 09:39 AM
If you are running firefox, it's fairly easy to block certain forums from the results of the New Posts and Today's Posts search by using Greasemonkey and a script to tell it what you want to skip.

This post has the basic script for TRF, and you can add forums or even other websites very easily.

http://www.rocketryforum.com/showpost.php?p=152241&postcount=16