PDA

View Full Version : JMRC June 25, 2006 Launch Photos

Eagle3
06-26-2006, 12:27 PM
Fantastic weather and a great turnout. I don't know how many launches we had for the day, I had to leave early, but I know it was a LOT! I got to fly several of my clones and classics and also got in a test flight of my Cherokee Double D with ballast to simulate a Boostervision payload. I think we're good to go for a real payload as long as she's pointed straight up and there's no wind.

Photos (http://www.cv41.org/personal/gallery/jmrc_6-25-06)

CPMcGraw
06-26-2006, 07:07 PM
Fantastic weather... also got in a test flight of my Cherokee Double D with ballast to simulate a Boostervision payload. I think we're good to go for a real payload as long as she's pointed straight up and there's no wind.

Great launch shot of the CDD! Glad to know the balance was right with the ballast. Do you think you got the performance RockSim said it should with that weight?

Eagle3
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Great launch shot of the CDD! Glad to know the balance was right with the ballast. Do you think you got the performance RockSim said it should with that weight?

I should have launched it straight up. I believe that if I had it would have performed close to Rocksim's prediction.

CPMcGraw
06-27-2006, 10:09 AM
I should have launched it straight up. I believe that if I had it would have performed close to Rocksim's prediction.

I notice you're using the long payload body on this one. Have you flown yet with a shorter payload?

Eagle3
06-27-2006, 10:54 AM
I notice you're using the long payload body on this one. Have you flown yet with a shorter payload?

No, I only created the long one.

CPMcGraw
06-27-2006, 02:39 PM
No, I only created the long one.

I think I whipped up several in the simulator runs, with lengths starting at 3" and working up to about 7" or 8". The longer ones had good stability, but reduced altitudes respectively.

I think my "standard" payload is a 4" tube, though, and if you removed the rear part of the nose cone's shoulder, the video package would all fit with room to spare...