PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to MWP9?

chadrog
09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Our plan specifics are not concrete yet, but we'll be there. Maybe Thursday night, maybe not until Friday afternoon. Still planning my fleet as well. As of this time, we're registered and reserved! Who else is planning on attending?

chadrog
09-09-2011, 02:31 AM
Since I'm the only one going, I'd better pack heavy! Friday's main objective (if I get there Thursday night), is my elongated Loc/Precision "Heavy Duty Beauty" with a Halloween theme. Flying this one on a central H238 with four F39's. Planning to throw the main at apogee, so the wind might be a deciding factor.

chadrog
09-09-2011, 02:57 AM
Saturday's main event (for me) will be "Jorge Guacamole" DD on a J540R. Looking at this flight as L2 redemption, cuz I really don't feel like my L2 flight was a success.

DANLK66
09-10-2011, 08:54 AM
I am going for level 2 with a Gizmo on a J250 skid. I will be there all three days so it will be a when the weather is good and when someone is available to do my cert type flight. The plan is for a low stress weekend but..............

chadrog
09-10-2011, 01:07 PM
I am going for level 2 with a Gizmo on a J250 skid. I will be there all three days so it will be a when the weather is good and when someone is available to do my cert type flight. The plan is for a low stress weekend but..............
That'll be an intense flight! How much does that little tank weigh?

X-wooshprez
09-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Since I'm the only one going, I'd better pack heavy! Friday's main objective (if I get there Thursday night), is my elongated Loc/Precision "Heavy Duty Beauty" with a Halloween theme. Flying this one on a central H238 with four F39's. Planning to throw the main at apogee, so the wind might be a deciding factor.

How many adaptors are you going to use?
Fill those holes with some real motors are send that thing up!
This is Midwest Power, home of the brave and heartless high power superman, Tim The Wildman Lehr.
He'd laugh at you with that plan.

chadrog
09-11-2011, 11:28 AM
How many adaptors are you going to use?
Fill those holes with some real motors are send that thing up!
This is Midwest Power, home of the brave and heartless high power superman, Tim The Wildman Lehr.
He'd laugh at you with that plan.
The outboards are only 24mm, so that's the best I can do. I could throw the 29mm I200 in the middle, that's about the only way I can juice it up without buying a bunch of new hardware.

X-wooshprez
09-11-2011, 11:50 AM
How about some F240's in those 24mm. holes.
Quite a few of us have those casings.
Too bad the holes are smallish.

dnl2
09-11-2011, 06:01 PM
My wife, daughter and I are going for the day on Sat. I'm not sure what we are going to bring, but we all enjoy watching as much as launching. Hopefully the weather is great.

DANLK66
09-11-2011, 07:36 PM
Not sure yet what the final weight will be. I am thinking about 8-10lbs. I am ok with it being a little on the heavy side since it is suposed to hit about 3300ft. After the 600ft attempt last year I decided to try a little altidue this time around. As long as the wind is not to bad I will be ok.

chadrog
09-12-2011, 07:22 AM
Not sure yet what the final weight will be. I am thinking about 8-10lbs. I am ok with it being a little on the heavy side since it is suposed to hit about 3300ft. After the 600ft attempt last year I decided to try a little altidue this time around. As long as the wind is not to bad I will be ok.
3300, wow. That might be a bit tough to spot, I assume you'll put a tracker in it? I was just thinking that a certificacion/dragrace would be cool, maybe Scott will bring the "Silver Bullet"?

chadrog
09-12-2011, 07:25 AM
My wife, daughter and I are going for the day on Sat. I'm not sure what we are going to bring, but we all enjoy watching as much as launching. Hopefully the weather is great.
Try to get there early, there's going to be an "N" dragrace with (I believe) at least ten participants. I'm not sure if there is a time scheduled for it, does anyone know? It will surely be something to see!

DANLK66
09-12-2011, 09:21 AM
I am planning on using the club tracker for this and will launch it on the day that ther is no wind :). I know it will be a little bit of a walk but it should be cool watching it go up on the big sparky motor. Level three can be under 1000ft again. Toying around with the idea of a 5 ft. Wocket or a 12 inch Sea Wolf but I need to focuss on the task at hand first.

chadrog
09-12-2011, 09:52 AM
Toying around with the idea of a 5 ft. Wocket or a 12 inch Sea Wolf but I need to focuss on the task at hand first.
Making your plans for MWP10 already? 12" Sea Wolf would be sweet! :cool:

DANLK66
09-12-2011, 10:32 AM
Level 3 might be a 2 year project. There are a lot of things to work out like money and a place to build it. It is hard to go big when you live in an appartment but planning it out is half the fun.

rsnella
09-20-2011, 12:53 PM
I am planning to go out on Saturday. I am going to fly my 2.6" Dia Black Brant II.

jd2cylman
09-21-2011, 06:06 PM
I'll be there all three days. I'm planning on working my Endeavour Saturday and Sunday. I got a J340M and a K513J to use and only one rocket that will hold my altimeter so far. If I could get my Iris done I'd fly it nekid. Maybe I'll get the fins on this weekend :chuckle:
Adrian

Sather
09-24-2011, 12:30 PM
The plan is for a low stress weekend but..............

The R.A.T. family will be there all three days. Probably a high stress weekend for me. (Sorry, Dan. I need to listen to you.) The drag race is noon on Saturday. I'm in that, expecting about 18,000 feet if Pandora (6" Ultimate Wildman) survives the N5800 burn. I plan a little redemption flying as well... the 10" Jayhawk (Lazarus flight), the 12" modular booster (pending leg repairs), and the JayCoke Zero recycling bottle on an L3150 (prepped at LDRS but not flown due to TV producers monopolizing the away cell RSO). That seems an ambitious goal, but I will be ecstatic with any any two, satisfied with any one. (Low stress is still possible.) :)

Sather

DANLK66
09-24-2011, 03:17 PM
I will be around all three days so I will be able to help out. All I have to do is send mine up and go find it. The plan is to get this out of the way Friday if the weather is good.

Sather
09-24-2011, 04:09 PM
I will be around all three days so I will be able to help out. All I have to do is send mine up and go find it. The plan is to get this out of the way Friday if the weather is good.

Thanks, Dan. I'm planning my schedule around your L2 flight, so I can help with anything you need also. You picked a good field and a great rocket, all we need is descent weather.

DAllen
10-07-2011, 06:41 PM
Hey, Red Arrow Hobbies is having a rather ridiculous sale for those going to MWP:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Red-Arrow-Hobbies/159554584062585