PDA

View Full Version : Seeking old scale rocket book...

blackshire
09-22-2011, 09:00 PM
Hello All,

I'm sure many of you have seen (and some of you may have) the late 1960s-vintage reference publication "Above and Beyond: The Encyclopedia of Aviation and Space Sciences" (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Above_and_Beyond%3A_The_Encyclopedia_of_Aviation_and_Space_Sciences ). Complete sets and individual volumes of it are available from numerous used book vendors. I am trying to find out which of the 14 volumes contained the article on sounding rockets. (I know it was in the volume that contained "S" articles, of course, but I don't know the -number- of that volume.) Does anyone here know which volume it was? Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

blackshire
09-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Never mind--I found that it's volume 11.

jeffyjeep
09-23-2011, 08:44 AM
Glad we could help. ;)

dlazarus6660
09-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Soooooo just how did you find it? :rolleyes:

blackshire
09-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Soooooo just how did you find it? :rolleyes:There are a lot of volumes (and even some complete sets) of the "Above and Beyond" encyclopedia available on AbeBooks www.abebooks.com . I didn't see the individual volumes' "letters" ('Apo-Bom' for volume 2, for example--I happen to have this one) listed, but I figured that a few of the AbeBooks booksellers might have listed their volumes' "letters." A few pages into the listings, I knew I was "getting warmer" when I came across a volume 10 listed, along with its "letters." Deeper in the listings, I finally found a volume 11 whose seller listed its "letters," and they encompassed the word "sounding."