Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Scale & Sport Scale Rocketry (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Gemini Titan (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=8003)

jetlag 01-31-2012 01:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
I'll get pictures...the ones I tried here you could not pull up to see for some reason...
I'm at the lab; have to go to the homestead to get 'em.

Here ya go...

tbzep 01-31-2012 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharding58
Even the cuts on a BT-55 for the Nike-X are problematic.

You're doin' it wrong! :D
Make it a gap stager and you can double the wall at the cuts and stiffen with CA. My son did that with his and it works great.

tbzep 01-31-2012 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetlag
I'll get pictures...the ones I tried here you could not pull up to see for some reason...
I'm at the lab; have to go to the homestead to get 'em.

Here ya go...

Rockets that pretty ought to be against the law. :eek:

jharding58 01-31-2012 04:06 PM

During their zenith SHR had some impressive parts. The bells case in point. Still and all it is a kit, and the expertise displayed here is without compare.

tbzep 01-31-2012 04:15 PM

Quote:
During their zenith SHR had some impressive parts.

Better watch how you word that. :p

jharding58 01-31-2012 04:20 PM

Well, she did. I guess Sheri is enjoying life in Hawaii keeping them tanned

Cohetero-negro 02-01-2012 11:15 AM

Quote:
I suppose you could consider having them LC Into the tube. The problem would be that it weakens the structure. Even the cuts on a BT-55 for the Nike-X are problematic.

Not if you pre-strengthen the tube BEFORE the cuts! Epoxy, CA, or a coupler inside will do this just fine.

J

kevinj 02-01-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:
Given that K-21 markings and roll patterns were painted on the model it really is a lot simpler to go with a decal which reflects the intent of the original kit designer when cloning than to become overly aggressive on the level of detail attached to a semi-scale model.

This is all very meta- talking about making a model of a model after all. Great techniques and great builds.

kj

jadebox 02-01-2012 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinj
This is all very meta- talking about making a model of a model after all. Great techniques and great builds.

... not to mention a few posts about someone who modeled with her models.

-- Roger

jharding58 02-03-2012 01:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There is a fairly decent drawing by Robert Blaske of the exterior of the GLV which demonstartes the scale location of the vents. As you observed, the tear drop shaped openings would only appear within the frame of a set of stringers, thuse they would be immediately below one of the rectangular openings or in the space in whcih there was no opening, between stringers. Note also that this perspective has eighteen on the interstage.