Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   New German Composite Engines coming soon (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=9680)

Leo 07-30-2011 01:56 PM

New German Composite Engines coming soon

Normally I wouldn't be posting these kind off things here but this teaser post may concern American rocketeers as well. That is all I can say at the moment.

Weco is at present the only German manufacturer of black powder rocket engines. They range from A to D and are very inexpensive compared to engines coming from Estes. We pay 10 German engines for the price of 3 Estes engines. Unfortunately Weco is closing down production of their rocket engines at the end of this year.

Thankfully another German company has designed new German made composite engines. Today I had a chance to see them live and I can tell you I literally got Goosebumps when the lite up :D

Unfortunately I didn't have my cam equipment with me at the time. However I will post here when I get the material from others that were present.

Here the prototypes that I got to take home to photograph:

These engines have the exact same size as Estes

D7 18mm
E18 and F14 24mm
F24 29mm

I’m told by the manufacturer that certification is running smoothly and should be completed by the end of this year.

I will post here when I can give out more information on the subject.

bob jablonski 07-30-2011 02:01 PM

Nice
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude

Bazookadale 07-30-2011 02:40 PM

Are all versions plugged - anybody online to import these?

Leo 07-30-2011 02:42 PM

No, they will also come with delays.

Brent 07-30-2011 03:23 PM

I think Quest motors were at one time made in Germany.

blackshire 07-30-2011 06:41 PM

Two words come to mind regarding what I hope this new motor maker will do: boutique re-labeling

shockwaveriderz 07-31-2011 09:07 AM

Great News Leo! at least for German and Eurozone modelers. If they can pass BAM and get CE'ed....Europe is their oyster....... Being locally manufactured I'm sure they will be much less than US imports..

Terry Dean

Leo 07-31-2011 10:00 AM

Indeed Terry.

And if they are also sold in the US and compete against the new Estes engines maybe prices come to a reasonable level.

Bazookadale 07-31-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo
Normally I wouldn't be posting these kind off things here but this teaser post may concern American rocketeers as well. That is all I can say at the moment.

Weco is at present the only German manufacturer of black powder rocket engines. They range from A to D and are very inexpensive compared to engines coming from Estes. We pay 10 German engines for the price of 3 Estes engines. Unfortunately Weco is closing down production of their rocket engines at the end of this year.

Thankfully another German company has designed new German made composite engines. Today I had a chance to see them live and I can tell you I literally got Goosebumps when the lite up :D

Unfortunately I didn't have my cam equipment with me at the time. However I will post here when I get the material from others that were present.

Here the prototypes that I got to take home to photograph:

These engines have the exact same size as Estes

D7 18mm
E18 and F14 24mm
F24 29mm

I’m told by the manufacturer that certification is running smoothly and should be completed by the end of this year.

I will post here when I can give out more information on the subject.

Any idea of thrust curves? Core burning, moon burning, C slot?

Leo 07-31-2011 12:31 PM

I was present when they were static tested and saw the thrust curves.
Unfortunately I didn't memorize the results, sorry.