Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Catalog (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   BARCLONE PDF Catalog (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=8326)

CPMcGraw 12-27-2010 11:54 PM

BARCLONE PDF Catalog

First, this is a work-in-progress. I am still trying to get a web page worked up with all of the designs in our forum area listed together with their associated download links and 3D images.

This version should not be taken as the "final version", but as an intermediate version. I'm just trying to get all of the data together.

The models in this file all (or nearly all) come from 2010. I'm trying to work backward through nearly eight years of data, so it's going to take a little time to collate over 800 entries.

CPMcGraw 12-31-2010 06:04 PM

More entries in the 2011 Catalog

I've added all of the 2009 posts in this revision, and I've moved a few entries to their proper year pages. There will be more revisions over the next few days.

Enjoy!

CPMcGraw 01-01-2011 06:27 PM

Round Three

I've added the 2007 designs to the list. This brings the local count to 208. I will be attempting to add the 2008 thread next.

CPMcGraw 01-02-2011 01:02 PM

Round Four

All of the 2008 thread has been added, which carried over a few from 2007. The count total in this version is up to 342. Now comes the BIG thread from 2006, which covers nearly everything else from 2003 through 2006.

CPMcGraw 01-03-2011 10:54 PM

Round Five

Added everything from the 2006 Scrounged thread. This was the most productive year for BARCLONE, with 241 design posts. The total as shown in this catalog is 636, meaning there are still over 170 missing-in-action. These posts are in other threads besides BARCLONE, or on the BARCLONE website, so it's just a matter of locating them.

CPMcGraw 01-06-2011 05:50 PM

Round Six

This version contains 882 entries, of which 25 are not connected to a link. About half of these date back to 2003 and 2004, and can be found on the BARCLONE website in the "Concept" section. None of these have an updated RKT file, so I will have to work them up.

So the current link-proven total is 857, and our 'magic number' is 43.

DaveR 01-11-2011 03:24 PM

Just a thought

Craig,
This is probably a "now he mentions it" thing, but have you considered adding the "type" of rocket to the catalog entries? I think it would be handy to see at a glance if a design is exotic, sport, 2 stage, school yard sounder, etc. This could save a lot of time when one is looking for a specific "type" of design. Again, just a thought

CPMcGraw 01-11-2011 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveR
Craig,
This is probably a "now he mentions it" thing, but have you considered adding the "type" of rocket to the catalog entries? I think it would be handy to see at a glance if a design is exotic, sport, 2 stage, school yard sounder, etc. This could save a lot of time when one is looking for a specific "type" of design. Again, just a thought

I can, Dave! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to work it in for an upcoming revision. Getting some missing dates and a few "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" files is my current priority.

DaveR 01-11-2011 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMcGraw
I can, Dave! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to work it in for an upcoming revision. Getting some missing dates and a few "I Know You're Out There Somewhere" files is my current priority.

Cool, thanks. :cool:

CPMcGraw 01-12-2011 01:30 PM

Round Seven

1 Attachment(s)
This release of the 2011 Catalog has a complete list of model designs with links to plan files and JPG images. There were only twelve (12) designs that could not be kept in the list, due to missing plan files or aerodynamic instabilities. Not a bad outcome, that's less than 2% of the total.

We now have 872 fully qualified designs, which makes our official 'magic number' 28. That's how many we still need to have 900 models available.

As far as the ones which were de-listed, these can still be added back once we have working plan files (RKT, ORK, TIF/JPG, or PDF) for them, and if the aerodynamics prove flyable. They're absolutely not dead designs!