Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Model Rocket History (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Semroc - 2013 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19975)

A Fish Named Wallyum 10-09-2021 12:18 PM

Semroc - 2013

2 Attachment(s)
Just found these in my desk where they've apparently resided for the past 8+ years. :cool: Picked them up at the NARAM in 2013 when we visited the SEMROC tent to pick up some new kits. My brother in law was with me and after talking to Carl, said "Wow, he's just like talking to a normal guy!" or something like that. At the time it seemed that the NARAMs were dropping in Ohio ever three or so years, so I figured I'd tell Carl what Tony said the next time I saw him. :(

LeeR 10-09-2021 12:29 PM

The description of Carl by your brother-in-law was pretty accurate. I met the entire family at NARAM-52 in Pueblo. All were incredibly nice. I talked for a very long time with Carl. Seemed like we had so much in common, and I wonder if most who met him felt this way.

PaulK 10-10-2021 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
The description of Carl by your brother-in-law was pretty accurate. I met the entire family at NARAM-52 in Pueblo. All were incredibly nice. I talked for a very long time with Carl. Seemed like we had so much in common, and I wonder if most who met him felt this way.
Yes.

EchoVictor 10-11-2021 03:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
Yes.

Very much yes. Supremely nice family...met and talked with them at 2006 NARCON to show them the model I'd made with the custom laser-cut fins they'd sent me for free.

I miss Carl... :(

Later,
EV

Earl 10-11-2021 04:31 PM

Yes, I miss Sheryl chiming in here every once in a while like she used to do. Seems like it has been a while since she posted. She is always welcome here.

Earl

astronwolf 11-08-2021 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Just found these in my desk where they've apparently resided for the past 8+ years. :cool: Picked them up at the NARAM in 2013 when we visited the SEMROC tent to pick up some new kits. My brother in law was with me and after talking to Carl, said "Wow, he's just like talking to a normal guy!" or something like that.

I think I have that same flier from NARAM-55. Carl left a few days early and he actually sought me out on the field just to tell me he was leaving and say good-bye to me. I was shocked. NOBODY treats me that way. I was very touched.

ghrocketman 11-08-2021 04:59 PM

Best people in the hobby EVER.
GOLD Standard that will never again be met.
FREE light-speed shipping, seemingly endless NEVER-DISCONTINUED kits AND parts.
NOBODY is even CLOSE.

A Fish Named Wallyum 11-08-2021 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astronwolf
I think I have that same flier from NARAM-55. Carl left a few days early and he actually sought me out on the field just to tell me he was leaving and say good-bye to me. I was shocked. NOBODY treats me that way. I was very touched.

Good to see you around, Wolf. How's life?