Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Estes Summer of Pro Series II (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=21676)

Earl 05-23-2023 07:16 PM

Estes Summer of Pro Series II

Received the following email text from Estes this afternoon. Others I am sure received it also.

PRO SERIES SNEEK PEEK

We are so excited to announce the Summer of Pro Series! We will have a bunch of products coming out this summer to support 29mm fans. Stay tuned because we are kicking it off next week with a great one! Get ready to launch this rocket and others this summer by grabbing some Estes engines below.

=========================

No actual Pro Series rockets were mentioned, new or old, but sounds like some new ones will be released.

Anyone know?

Earl

lawndart 05-23-2023 08:22 PM

Sounds like someone wants to sell some 29mm engines. I’m guessing we’ll see the So Long available next week.

Scott_650 05-23-2023 08:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
Received the following email text from Estes this afternoon. Others I am sure received it also.

PRO SERIES SNEEK PEEK

We are so excited to announce the Summer of Pro Series! We will have a bunch of products coming out this summer to support 29mm fans. Stay tuned because we are kicking it off next week with a great one! Get ready to launch this rocket and others this summer by grabbing some Estes engines below.

=========================

No actual Pro Series rockets were mentioned, new or old, but sounds like some new ones will be released.

Anyone know?

Earl

The picture on the Estes company FB page shows the So Long in silhouette so I’d guess that’s our first release.

ghrocketman 05-24-2023 09:53 AM

I plan to get that Great Goblin and Black Brant XII as soon as available.

Earl 05-24-2023 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman

Yeah, the Black Brant looks like a decent scale kit. I'd like to see a few more details about it, but it certainly looks interesting.

Earl

astronwolf 05-24-2023 04:42 PM

Quote:

...from A.C.Supply....

SolarYellow 05-24-2023 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerHawk
Performance Hobbies has the new PSII Kits listed with prices.

So Long (2 Stage) $39.99

Black Brant XII $76.99

Great Goblin $64.99

The PSII So Long is showing that you can Add to Cart

I got in on the $12.75 DBRM deal April 1, so not likely to spend another $fitty for the Gobby kit. Would be cool if it has the printed nylon black parachute with Goblin on it that has been seen somewhere. If it's printed plastic like the DBRM, major skip.

SolarYellow 05-24-2023 06:04 PM

Yeah, I have 3-inch tubing, several DBRM nose cones, a CNC router and laser printer decal paper. I'm good. In fact, I'm planning to print a geometrically accurate Goblin cone that's a true upscale of the latest PNC-55AO cone instead of using the DBRM cone. And will probably use the router to airfoil fin cores that will get glassed and bagged. And 38mm MMT. Sooo... I'm not exactly the target audience for the expected Estes kit anyway.

jeffyjeep 05-24-2023 07:20 PM

Quote:

Same here.

SolarYellow 05-25-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerHawk
I remember seeing a picture of a 4” diameter Goblin with a Estes decal on it and I’m thinking it was John Boren that built it and launched it at NARAM-60 in 2018. Maybe a prototype of an upcoming kit I was thinking at the time. Hoping John sees this post and comments about it, shares some pictures, etc. of it.

The 4-inch nose cone for the Mega Max is available as a part on the site currently, along with some (slotted for three fins) 4-inch BT. Could do a Goblin from it if you were motivated.

ETA
Fin dims are here: https://www.oldrocketforum.com/show...58&postcount=33