Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   USS Prometheus - Red River Rocketry (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=15403)

rosko_racer 09-07-2015 06:12 PM

USS Prometheus - Red River Rocketry

5 Attachment(s)
I have been digging into my "started but unfinished" kits this weekend and started to work on a few. Here is my "armored" USS Prometheus. It was semi-built when I got it at one of our NARHAM's club Xmas party. Added some "armor plating" to the fins and "engines"; and a "upper spine" re-inforcement for some details. I think the difference in fin configuration was already like that when I got it. Added some left over decals from the Estes USS Atlantis and other custom decals.

- R_R

rosko_racer 09-07-2015 06:13 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Close ups. Really had fun finishing it and adding the decals. All that is left now is a clear coat. Enjoy!

- R_R

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-07-2015 06:17 PM

Nicely done. :cool: This one is in my build pile as well. Sharp looking bird.

Vanel 09-07-2015 06:35 PM

Very nice!

Kimble29 09-08-2015 02:39 PM

Nice super clean build! Looks great!

A Fish Named Wallyum 06-04-2020 05:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Only five years later and I've finished mine! I should say re-finished mine. I was unhappy with the way the wings looked and repositioned them. I like the idea of adding decals from past projects. I'll have to see what I have left over when I get home today.

rosko_racer 06-04-2020 12:13 PM

¡Que ingrato soy! I never thanked anyone for the nice comments on my built. Thanks guys, sorry it took this long to respond. Bill, that is one good looking model. Post more pictures if you add more decals. This is one bird I do not see often on a thread.

Right now it is in storage somewhere in DC as I moved overseas. Will be reunited with it and the rest of the fleet in a few years.

Folks, if you have one, show off our Prometheus!

- Raúl

BARGeezer 06-04-2020 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, here's mine:

A Fish Named Wallyum 06-04-2020 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGeezer
Okay, here's mine:

:cool: Have you flown it yet? Where did you apply the two black stripes on the decal sheet? I should have taken a picture of it before I pulled the fins off and repositioned them. Not sure how I managed that foul up, but you'd have gotten a kick out of it.
I'm heading downstairs to get the Stratos. I'm on a roll. :D

BARGeezer 06-04-2020 03:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
:cool: Have you flown it yet? Where did you apply the two black stripes on the decal sheet? I should have taken a picture of it before I pulled the fins off and repositioned them. Not sure how I managed that foul up, but you'd have gotten a kick out of it.
I'm heading downstairs to get the Stratos. I'm on a roll. :D

The two black stripes, hexagon and two ovals go on the top centerline.
No, this hasn't maidened yet.
When I became a BAR I was only able to find two RRR kits: this one and the Aggressor.
I REALLY wanted to find a Predator.
If you can find the time, maybe a build thread on the Stratos?
Laters.