Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Vendors (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Sandman decals is temporarily due to virus conserns (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18397)

sandman 03-25-2020 11:54 AM

Sandman decals is temporarily due to virus conserns

Sandmandecals will be closed for the time being.

My wife just chewed me out bu=ig time 'cause I went to the post office. So I have to close for now.

SecretSquirrel 03-25-2020 03:17 PM

Have our wives been comparing notes? I got it last night for the same thing. She insists on helping me get ready to go to the post office, it looks a little like this...

Gus 03-25-2020 03:31 PM

Stay healthy you guys!

Steve

ghrocketman 03-25-2020 05:11 PM

Everybody on this site has an Apollo-era space-suit, right ?
Just throw that on and don't worry ! :)

jeffyjeep 03-26-2020 12:44 PM

I can't afford a space suit. I use a body condom. Of course, I wear skivvies under it--I'm NOT a wierdo, after all.

I'll see if I have a photo of me wearing it..................

Stand by.

ghrocketman 03-26-2020 01:08 PM

PULLLLEEEEEZE do NOT find THAT photo.

Gus 03-26-2020 02:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Me in my current work suit.

We've already run out of those bonnets. Due to scarcity, we've backed off the N95 masks for patients not highly suspicious for COVID-19, just using regular paper masks which protect the patient, but not us. Unfortunately we're not very good at telling who likely has the disease. I've had several exposures to patients who subsequently turned out to be positive.

The gowns are supposed to be disposable but we are re-using them (so far I'm up to a week on mine) but "disinfecting" them by wiping them down with disinfectant wipes (kind of hard to do on a paper gown).

Contrary to what you've been hearing for weeks at press conferences, we still don't have enough testing supplies. We are now only testing people sick enough to be admitted to the hospital. And those tests are currently taking 5-6 days to get a result. Tested a colleague 5 days ago, result still not back.

Stay inside my friends. Wash your hands.

Steve

Vanel 03-26-2020 03:02 PM

Be safe Steve! Greatly appreciate your courage in staying on the front lines!

Earl 03-26-2020 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Me in my current work suit.

We've already run out of those bonnets. Due to scarcity, we've backed off the N95 masks for patients not highly suspicious for COVID-19, just using regular paper masks which protect the patient, but not us. Unfortunately we're not very good at telling who likely has the disease. I've had several exposures to patients who subsequently turned out to be positive.

The gowns are supposed to be disposable but we are re-using them (so far I'm up to a week on mine) but "disinfecting" them by wiping them down with disinfectant wipes (kind of hard to do on a paper gown).

Contrary to what you've been hearing for weeks at press conferences, we still don't have enough testing supplies. We are now only testing people sick enough to be admitted to the hospital. And those tests are currently taking 5-6 days to get a result. Tested a colleague 5 days ago, result still not back.

Stay inside my friends. Wash your hands.

Steve

Bless you, Steve, and all medical professional on the battlefront these days. We pray that you and yours stay safe and that needed PPE and testing supplies will soon be flowing in abundance.

Try to get the rest you need, too. But then again, you know all that stuff. Just know we are pulling for ALL you as we go through this...together.

Earl

ghrocketman 03-26-2020 05:42 PM

Steve-
Thanks for doing everything you do !
Truly front lines....
We are washing hands probably 10x "normal" and rinsing after with 91% Rubbing Alcohol after.