Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Current Kit Talk (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Estes Classic Series!!! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=4062)

Early Starts 10-23-2008 06:03 PM

Estes Classic Series!!!

http://www.estesrockets.com/classicflyer.pdf

Sorry, I just noticed that this has already been posted.

Jerry Irvine 10-23-2008 09:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
After reading the current brochure and the list of prospective kits, all I can say is I can't wait for the Egg Crate, Mini-Dactyl, and UFO, but the Phoenix Bird caption amuses me to no bean counter end. A8-3 first flight my a$$!!

How about F67-14?!

Rerelease the Enerjet 1340, 2250 and 2650!!! I promise to pay double. Or better yet order in pallet lots.

Just "exclusive scoop at YORF" Jerry :D

Royatl 10-23-2008 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Irvine
After reading the current brochure and the list of prospective kits, all I can say is I can't wait for the Egg Crate, Mini-Dactyl, and UFO, but the Phoenix Bird caption amuses me to no bean counter end. A8-3 first flight my a$$!!

How about F67-14?!

Rerelease the Enerjet 1340, 2250 and 2650!!! I promise to pay double. Or better yet order in pallet lots.

Just "exclusive scoop at YORF" Jerry :D

Yes Jerry, but note that's NOT the Phoenix Bird you think it is. Apparently they're doing it all in BT-55 and balsa! (of course, with a good finish it will probably be a bit lighter and will outperform the old PB).

A Fish Named Wallyum 10-24-2008 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royatl
Yes Jerry, but note that's NOT the Phoenix Bird you think it is. Apparently they're doing it all in BT-55 and balsa! (of course, with a good finish it will probably be a bit lighter and will outperform the old PB).

I'm still holding out hope that the specs are wrong and that it will still be the traditional plastic nose cone and fin can PB. Maybe just something that wasn't caught in the proofreading? :rolleyes: Please?

Gus 10-24-2008 01:12 AM

Bill,

What is it about the Phoenix Bird that you find appealing? Just curious. Seems like a pretty routine quick-build rocket.

Initiator001 10-24-2008 01:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Bill,

What is it about the Phoenix Bird that you find appealing? Just curious. Seems like a pretty routine quick-build rocket.

It's an Enerjet 1340 in disguise! ;)

Gus 10-24-2008 01:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001

Doh!

Now I understand why they go for so much on eBay.

I finally got my hands on one two years ago but the appeal to me is totally different. I grew up in Phoenix and pretty much everything I flew as a kid was Centuri. So a Centuri rocket with a Phoenix bird logo brings back lots of great memories.

I remember going out to the Centuri Engineering plant as a kid (and I just found out from Lee and Betty Piester at NARAM that they apparently used to occasionally shop at my family's drugstore located not far from Centuri's offices).

But I just couldn't figure out why folks were bidding so much for what today we'd call an E2x.

Now I get it.

Thanks Bob.

Royatl 10-24-2008 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001

Ah! That's the firm evidence I needed for another thread. I think I have one of those short nose cones.

did the 1340 come with both noses, or is that long nosed one a clone?

A Fish Named Wallyum 10-24-2008 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Bill,

The fact that I can't make the decals. :D ;)
Got all the parts, but without the decals I just never really felt the need to move it up in the queue.

Eagle3 10-24-2008 07:25 AM

IIRC the first version had the shorter balsa cone and the second one used the longer plastic cone. Someone with a better memory needs to chime in. ;)