Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Wanted: Dead or Alive! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Need 1/96 scale Saturn 1B decals (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=19339)

L3Excalibur 02-18-2021 09:46 PM

Need 1/96 scale Saturn 1B decals
 
Does anyone know of a source for 1/96 scale waterslide Saturn 1B decals?

Vinyl would be a second choice.

Thanks.

ghrocketman 02-19-2021 12:26 AM

None I know of.
You could try Tango Papa.

mwtoelle 02-19-2021 12:41 AM

Tango Papa can resize decals to whatever scale you need.

Flash 02-19-2021 08:59 AM

Saw 1/96 Saturn V decals here

https://www.culttvmanshop.com/Satur...ndle_p_896.html

LeeR 02-19-2021 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash



This looks like the way to go, but if you need another alternative, Tango Papa does beautiful work. He has Saturn V decals listed on his website, so re-scaling is certainly not an issue.

He made me a set of upscaled Orbital Transport decals a few years back. Amazing color depth and easy to apply. It does take awhile sometimes to hear back, he apparently has a pretty hectic work schedule.

L3Excalibur 02-19-2021 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
This looks like the way to go, but if you need another alternative, Tango Papa does beautiful work. He has Saturn V decals listed omn his website, so re-scaling is certainly not an issue.

He made me a set of upscaled Orbital Transport decals a few years back. Amazing color depth and easy to apply. It does take awhile sometimes to hear back, he apparently has a pretty hectic work schedule.

I've seen lots of 1/96 Saturn V decals. Unfortunately, the Saturn 1B decals are a bit (e, a lot) rarer.

I'll check with Tango Papa.

Thansk.

LeeR 02-19-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L3Excalibur
I've seen lots of 1/96 Saturn V decals. Unfortunately, the Saturn 1B decals are a bit (e, a lot) rarer.

I'll check with Tango Papa.

Thansk.


Oops, my mistake. He has Saturn 1B, I typed Saturn V. They are listed on the "$13 Decals" page, but those are very old pages, prices possibly higher.

jeffyjeep 02-19-2021 11:58 AM

+1 to Tango Papa’s work. He’s saved my bacon more than once.

Mmmmmmm, bacon.

Earl 02-19-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeR
Oops, my mistake. He has Saturn 1B, I typed Saturn V. They are listed on the "$13 Decals" page, but those are very old pages, prices possibly higher.


He does good work, but yes, the prices ARE definitely higher than what is on his pages.

Earl

tdracer 02-20-2021 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
He does good work, but yes, the prices ARE definitely higher than what is on his pages.

Earl

Yea, keeping his website up to date seems to be a low priority, but his work is good.

I had Stickershock due some replacement decals for a 1/100th S1B a while back - they were pretty nice but not waterslide. He can custom size to pretty much whatever you want.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:02 AM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.