Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   eBay Deals (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12952)

Earl 09-15-2013 11:01 PM

eBay Deals
 
This thread has been started to offer a venue for posting information relative to 'good' or interesting eBay deals, as opposed to the ongoing eBay 'silliness' thread.

To wit....

For those Battlestar Galactica fans out there or just general Estes collectors, here's a link to what is about the lowest price I've seen for the vintage Battlestar Galactica Laser Torpedo, boxed and sealed. Buy-It-Now price of $13.59, plus shipping of $6.00.

They state they have a quantity of 10 on hand. These come up on a fairly regular basis, but this is the cheapest I've ever seen them go for.

Not my listing nor do I know the lister.

Earl



http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-...=item51b0f49fe6

A Fish Named Wallyum 09-15-2013 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
This thread has been started to offer a venue for posting information relative to 'good' or interesting eBay deals, as opposed to the ongoing eBay 'silliness' thread.

To wit....

For those Battlestar Galactica fans out there or just general Estes collectors, here's a link to what is about the lowest price I've seen for the vintage Battlestar Galactica Laser Torpedo, boxed and sealed. Buy-It-Now price of $13.59, plus shipping of $6.00.

They state they have a quantity of 10 on hand. These come up on a fairly regular basis, but this is the cheapest I've ever seen them go for.

Not my listing nor do I know the lister.

Earl



http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-...=item51b0f49fe6

Thanks, Earl! I treated myself to one. It's still technically a birthday present for fourteen more minutes. :D

rokitflite 09-16-2013 02:31 AM

I got one too dag-nabbit... I'll just consider myself celebrating Bill's Birthday as well.

Scott6060842 09-16-2013 06:11 AM

Louie is back ... I missed the $65 Saros 's :mad: but picked up a Multi-roc for $25

http://www.ebay.com/sch/2010louie/m...=p2047675.l2562

Earl 09-16-2013 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott6060842
Louie is back ... I missed the $65 Saros 's :mad: but picked up a Multi-roc for $25

http://www.ebay.com/sch/2010louie/m...=p2047675.l2562


Over the last 5-6 months off and on 'Louie' has had some great deals on essentially mint vintage Estes kits, most from the 1970s. I lean more heavily to the Centuri kit collecting side of the house, but some of his deals have been too good to pass up, especially the $45 Honest Johns and similarly priced LTV Scouts. A week or so ago he had $85 mint two stage Omegas and though I really didn't need a third one, I picked up one of his. He had $45 Farsides several months ago as well.

He must be liquidating an old hobby shop or distributor's stock from the latter 1970s that has been kept in storage all these years. Most every item he sells are in quantities of 4-5 at least, and some he has as many as 10 or more. All that I have purchased appears to never have even been hung by the hang tag and no price tags have ever been applied to them.


Earl

Bill 09-16-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Thanks, Earl! I treated myself to one. It's still technically a birthday present for fourteen more minutes. :D



Why not celebrate your birthmonth?


Bill - gift certificates from vendors gladly accepted

tbzep 09-18-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
This thread has been started to offer a venue for posting information relative to 'good' or interesting eBay deals, as opposed to the ongoing eBay 'silliness' thread.

To wit....

For those Battlestar Galactica fans out there or just general Estes collectors, here's a link to what is about the lowest price I've seen for the vintage Battlestar Galactica Laser Torpedo, boxed and sealed. Buy-It-Now price of $13.59, plus shipping of $6.00.

They state they have a quantity of 10 on hand. These come up on a fairly regular basis, but this is the cheapest I've ever seen them go for.

Not my listing nor do I know the lister.

Earl



http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battlestar-...=item51b0f49fe6


I already have one, but I wanted to keep it NIB for display. I grabbed one of these to build, even though I could clone it fairly easily. I just didn't want to fool with turning the nose cone. The seller was very quick to get it to me and even refunded me a couple bucks on shipping. :cool:

Earl 09-18-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
I already have one, but I wanted to keep it NIB for display. I grabbed one of these to build, even though I could clone it fairly easily. I just didn't want to fool with turning the nose cone. The seller was very quick to get it to me and even refunded me a couple bucks on shipping. :cool:


Well, looks like these are all cleaned out now.

The lister is probably really scratching their heads (or thinking they have all of a sudden become a marketing genius) to have all 10 of these go so quickly, depending on how long they've been listed. I think they had been listed for a while.

Earl

Earl 09-18-2013 06:31 PM

Centuri Buck Rogers Marauder Kit
 
These folks have listed Centuri Buck Rogers kits for quite some time (years), but this a about the cheapest I've seen them run on the Marauder kit. About $19.

Not many left and sale ends in a few days apparently.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Cen...=item4612f5e27c


Earl

tbzep 09-18-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl
These folks have listed Centuri Buck Rogers kits for quite some time (years), but this a about the cheapest I've seen them run on the Marauder kit. About $19.

Not many left and sale ends in a few days apparently.


http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-Cen...=item4612f5e27c


Earl

If Pamela Hensley was included, I'd buy it in a heartbeat!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 PM.

Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.