Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   3D Printing Asylum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   3D files for Jets (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=20547)

the mole 05-12-2022 02:25 PM

3D files for Jets

1 Attachment(s)
Can anybody steer me to some 3D files to use for Centuri-type jet rockets?

rosko_racer 05-12-2022 09:04 PM

Mole:

Would the STL files in this 3D Printing Asylum thread help?

V/R,

r_r

the mole 05-12-2022 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko_racer
Mole:

Would the STL files in this 3D Printing Asylum thread help?

V/R,

r_r

I saw those files and like them, but I was hoping someone had the STL file for the sidewinder.
It was nice to go back and read your build thread for the F-16.
I'm using Odd rock F-16 and combining some of Centuri's F-16 parts.

scott_mills 05-12-2022 11:54 PM

Get me some good pics or measurements and I can make a reasonable facsimile.

the mole 05-13-2022 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_mills
Get me some good pics or measurements and I can make a reasonable facsimile.

I'm sorry scott but I have no idea how to get those measurements, maybe rosko_racer might know how to do that.

Thanks for your offer.

rosko_racer 05-13-2022 03:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the mole
Can anybody steer me to some 3D files to use for Centuri-type jet rockets?

That is the newer style of missiles for later models. The Centuri Fighter Fleet had missiles with no fins on the tip. I used to have a set just like those on the picture but I cannot access them at this time.

Request to the bigger rocketry audience: If you have a set of these tips, can you measure the rectangular part of the tip fins (length x height x width)? I am not trying to make an exact copy of the originals but something anyone with a 3D printer can work with. If you want to go "above and beyond" the call, then post measurements for the tip and tail of this Sidewinder set.

Right now I am working on modifying the STL files I used to make the ones for my F-16.

r_r

Bob Austin 05-13-2022 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is this what you are looking for?

the mole 05-13-2022 07:23 PM

Bob Austin, yes that's what I could use. I'm just looking for an STL file that I can for a wingtip or under the wing rockets that I can mount on either size of launch lugs.

Bob Austin 05-13-2022 07:29 PM

Well, its definitely Friday the 13th!

I pulled out my digital caliper to get some measurements and the battery died (an LR44). Will see if I can get a battery tomorrow and then take some measurements and post them here.

Sorry for the delay. Hope that helps.

rosko_racer 05-13-2022 08:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A picture (or pictures) that show the profile of the fins of both, the tip and the tail, with a ruller for scale, would work for me. I also await for the measurements Bob Austin will provide later. It will help me work on what I have. I am not shooting for perfection but like I said before, make a close copy that The Mole could use if he wanted.

V/R,

r_r