Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Forum Information, Rules, Etc (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Logo Online! (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=2213)

Ltvscout 09-24-2007 05:55 PM

New Logo Online!

If you take a look at the top you'll note that we have our new logo online. The new design contains the winners of the two most popular rockets per our poll, the Estes Skydart and the Centuri Orion, and has the YORF name moved to the top of the logo for better readability.

Now let's hope that these two kits are re-released or cloned by Estes or Semroc. :D

I'd like to thank Buzz Nau for designing the logo for me.

I'd also like to thank everyone that participated in the logo contest and Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack for sponsoring the contest.

Initiator001 09-24-2007 05:57 PM

Looks good. :)

Bob

barone 09-24-2007 07:13 PM

That Skydart does look pretty good.......wonder where I get the parts... ;)

CPMcGraw 09-24-2007 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
If you take a look at the top you'll note that we have our new logo online. The new design contains the winners of the two most popular rockets per our poll, the Estes Skydart and the Centuri Orion, and has the YORF name moved to the top of the logo for better readability.

Now let's hope that these two kits are re-released or cloned by Estes or Semroc. :D

I'd like to thank Buzz Nau for designing the logo for me.

I'd also like to thank everyone that participated in the logo contest and Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack for sponsoring the contest.

I think we know who stands the better chance of getting either of these to market first... :D

And the Skydart would probably be the easier of the two to produce.

Nice job, all of you.

cas2047 09-24-2007 07:46 PM

I like it! What's also pretty cool is that when one or both of these rockets are produced again the logo will change again.

Neat concept YORF and well done! :)

Gus 09-24-2007 09:09 PM

Really nice job on the logo, Buzz.

Now why don't you show Carl how easy it is to build a Skydart and how nice they fly? ;)

Carl@Semroc 09-24-2007 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Really nice job on the logo, Buzz.

Now why don't you show Carl how easy it is to build a Skydart and how nice they fly? ;)
Buzz has been lobbying for some time now! I do have the laser-cut parts and one built around here someplace.

Now we have to do it! Buzz has all of you in on the conspiracy.

Carl@Semroc 09-24-2007 09:52 PM

AND that Orion! I have a set of wraps, but no experience with vacuforming.

By the way, I like the new logo and am humbled to see our old logo on there.

Gus 09-24-2007 10:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Carl,

Honestly, there is nothing in all rocketry more beautiful than watching one of Buzz's Sky Darts gently circling, circling, circling on a windless day. I have seen it several times now and it never fails to amaze me.

Buzz graciously led a Sky Dart build session for our local NAR group. With the laser cut parts the entire build (without finishing) took less than 2 hours. Surprisingly easy to put together.

Be sure to have him show you his elastic retaining clip which replaces the through the tail fin elastic. Very clever but probably a little too hard to mass produce. You could always include a little piece of piano wire and bending instructions as a builder option.

Photo below is of a truly beautiful Sky Dart built that nite by Doug, a member of our NAR group.

barone 09-24-2007 10:45 PM

Wow! Look at the finish on those wings. Gee, I just placed an order with Carl but I guess if he has the parts, another order is in store. And I do like boost gliders.... ;)