Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Model Rocket History (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   MARK-1 Line Drawing with Dimensions ?? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=11038)

Crocodile 04-21-2012 12:23 PM

MARK-1 Line Drawing with Dimensions ??

Does anyone here have a line drawing ( with dimensions ) of Carlisle MARK-1 ???

Carl@Semroc 04-21-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crocodile
Does anyone here have a line drawing ( with dimensions ) of Carlisle MARK-1 ???
I have been working on that.

Body tube is about 1.16" diameter x 5.0" long. Nose cone fits over the tube. Fin stringers are 1/4" x 1/4" by about 6.75" long. Fins are 2.5" x 1.5" posterboard. Launch lug is standard early engine size (.5" x 2.25") Duct tape to hold stringers in .75" wide. Engine mount is 1/2" diameter hole - 1/2" deep so engine protrudes 1.75". Overall length is about 14.1"

mycrofte 04-21-2012 09:23 PM

I found this link at a site called Rocketry Planet.

MK-1

shockwaveriderz 04-21-2012 10:43 PM

the patent has a good cross sectional drawing of the upper portion of the Mark 1. Don't know if the drawing is to any scale. I once did a drawing based upon the patent drawing, some photo analysis software using the engine tube standard as a reference, but its lost somewhere in the house. Don't know how accurate it was to reality but it looked pretty good.

Terry Dean

Ironnerd 04-25-2012 11:08 AM

Guh-Yarghh... One of the guys in my section flew one at a launch. It even had a little tube for the (estes) motor to slide into so that it would look like it was an old Rock-A-Chute motor.

Stupid thing flew great! I just wish I could remember the guy's name...

JohnNGA 05-24-2012 09:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironnerd
Guh-Yarghh... One of the guys in my section flew one at a launch. It even had a little tube for the (estes) motor to slide into so that it would look like it was an old Rock-A-Chute motor.

Stupid thing flew great! I just wish I could remember the guy's name...

That would be me.. The Mark 1 that I built turned out about 12 inches overall so I got my scaling a little off. Flies great on a A3-4t. John

carbons4 05-30-2012 01:40 PM

They were an odd looking bird.

JAL3 08-31-2012 01:23 PM

When the original was sold, was it as a kit or an already assembled rocket?

I had assumed it was a kit but some things I have seen/read suggest that maybe it was the first RTF

JohnNGA 08-31-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAL3
When the original was sold, was it as a kit or an already assembled rocket?

I had assumed it was a kit but some things I have seen/read suggest that maybe it was the first RTF

I believe that it was only RTF and probably a very limited production. There is a great photo on one of these sites of Mrs. Carlisle and a Mark 1 and 2, I just don't remember where...

Carl@Semroc 08-31-2012 09:43 PM

The instructions supplied by Mark Mayfield are for the RTF model. To my knowledge, it was never produced otherwise. I believe the Mark II was the first production kit.

Some closeups from G. Harry Stine's original at the Smithsonian:

Mark1a

Mark1b

Mark1c