Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Mission Control (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Proclamation - Max Saturday, August 8, 2020 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18729)

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-01-2020 01:38 PM

Proclamation - Max Saturday, August 8, 2020

1 Attachment(s)
Tentative WSR Launch scheduled for next Saturday. The plan is to fly my whole Max family, all 21 birds from BT-5 to Pro Series II. Feel free to join in and post pics. FLY 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!!! :cool:

tbzep 08-01-2020 01:53 PM

What? No Naked Max? You're slacking!

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-01-2020 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbzep
What? No Naked Max? You're slacking!

Story of my life. Intriguing thought, though. :rolleyes:

ghrocketman 08-01-2020 04:27 PM

I like the GREEN Max the best, then the BLUE Max.
I have been trying to find a MDRM for a reasonable price ever since before discontinued with no luck. Would do it in Aero Gloss Cessna Green or Bonanza Blue.
Then again I do have two full QUARTS of Aero Gloss Stearman Red....
I also have 8 pints of Bonanza Blue.

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-01-2020 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I have been trying to find a MDRM for a reasonable price ever since before discontinued with no luck. Would do it in Aero Gloss Cessna Green or Bonanza Blue.

Green Max came about after I had paint left over from building the Semroc Moon Glo. I got in the habit of buying a Mini Max every time I went to Hobby Lobby that summer and did them in a bunch of colors just to do something on the cheap. I have them in red, orange, hot pink, gold, yellow and green. I would LOVE to see the Mini Max make a comeback. I think it was the start of my Max Mania.
The Blue Max was actually a prototype that I built for Retro Rocketry. I did two for him, and as I remember he had a bunch of other downscales planned. One was the Blue Bird Zero, and apparently another was the Wolverine. (Had to look that up. Found it at the old TRF.)

snaquin 08-01-2020 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Tentative WSR Launch scheduled for next Saturday. The plan is to fly my whole Max family, all 21 birds from BT-5 to Pro Series II. Feel free to join in and post pics. FLY 'EM IF YOU GOT 'EM!!! :cool:
Thats a lot of MAX! I like the blue and also the green variant too. That’s a sweet collection Bill :cool:

LeeR 08-02-2020 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman

You can buy the Estes nose cone and tube for the MDRM from their website. The plywood centering rings and fins are sold by eRockets, and stickershock’s DRM vinyl is first rate.

Estes is releasing the MDRM again, but it will be 3” tube instead of 4” (announced at the NARAM 2020 Virtual Manufacturers Forum).

PaulK 08-02-2020 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
What a great launch theme! I might steal it for our club next year. That's quite a challenge to get that many flown in a day, good luck!

A Fish Named Wallyum 08-02-2020 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulK
What a great launch theme! I might steal it for our club next year. That's quite a challenge to get that many flown in a day, good luck!

:chuckle: Feel free. It was a pretty spur of the moment thought at our last club launch. At the time I thought I only had 18 Maxi. Turns out I'd forgotten a few. So, on top of it all I have two first flight birds in the mix.

ghrocketman 08-02-2020 09:37 AM

Yeah, not interested in the 3" MDRM, only the HPR capable 4" one or LARGER.
3"is just a basic little tube.