Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Kit Collecting (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   eBay Deals (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=12952)

ghrocketman 11-08-2020 10:17 AM

He definitely has some interesting ones up for auction.
Wonder if any Enerjet kits are in the collection to be sold ?

Earl 11-08-2020 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman

Already been one...late last year; Enerjet Egg Crate. I have not seen others, but I could have missed something. His earlier Buy It Now auctions (late last year through just recently) got snapped up quickly when he posted them.

Earl

ghrocketman 11-08-2020 12:15 PM

I definitely missed the Egg Crate or would have probably bought it.

snaquin 11-08-2020 12:49 PM

Quote:
I definitely missed the Egg Crate or would have probably bought it.
I didn't see it either. The black egg capsule in the Enerjet Egg Crate kit hasn't been offered again in the black color since Centuri later sold it as a part in the Centuri Rocket Times. Later Estes kits had it in yellow and the TARC set had it in white but I don't ever remember seeing it again in the original black color.

http://www.ninfinger.org/rockets/ca...5rt/75rt10.html

:(

Gus 11-08-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:
GH,
There's no telling what is to come. Matt is simply opening the large plastic storage boxes one at a time and listing everything in them. Incredibly time consuming, but very often surprising and fun. Jonathan kept no inventory. Really special pieces are being set aside to either return to Estes or to go to the Museum of Flight.

Steve

ManofSteele 11-08-2020 12:59 PM

The Lil Hercules II kit has the metal washer counterweights for the fin tips in the bags.

I went with the pure auction format this time to see where prices would head without the influence of the "Buy It Now".

I plan to have another round of goodies up for auction next weekend.

And, as Steve says, every tub is an adventure. I have no idea what is in the next one until I open it. People keep asking me if i have this kit or that kit, and I honestly don't know. All you can do is keep watching eBay.

Matt

ManofSteele 11-08-2020 01:02 PM

Yes, some items have been sent directly back to Estes. Others have been sent back to Lee Piester for his Centuri collection as well. Lastly, some items will end up at the Museum of Flight. Good lord, Jonathan had enough stuff to go around!

Matt

Shamous 11-08-2020 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteele
Yes, some items have been sent directly back to Estes. Others have been sent back to Lee Piester for his Centuri collection as well. Lastly, some items will end up at the Museum of Flight. Good lord, Jonathan had enough stuff to go around!

Matt

Thanks for doing this Matt. I keep buying what I can. He had great stuff.

ghrocketman 11-08-2020 07:48 PM

+1 to that.
Thanks, Matt !!

PaulK 11-15-2020 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteele
The Lil Hercules II kit has the metal washer counterweights for the fin tips in the bags.

I went with the pure auction format this time to see where prices would head without the influence of the "Buy It Now".

I plan to have another round of goodies up for auction next weekend.

And, as Steve says, every tub is an adventure. I have no idea what is in the next one until I open it. People keep asking me if i have this kit or that kit, and I honestly don't know. All you can do is keep watching eBay.

Matt
I like the auction format - while they go out of my league, it's interesting to watch. The last batch of roll-pattern Centuri kits went up pretty high.