Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Projects (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Erik442's Workbench (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18660)

erik442 07-05-2020 03:55 PM

Erik442's Workbench

2 Attachment(s)
I've decided that before I build anything else new I'm going to fix or finish every model that is damaged or incomplete. I know everyone's heard this scratched record before, but I really need to reduce the junkpile. :o
Some are as simple as a broken fin while others, like my Maxi Alpha 3 cato, are more involved.

So, first off the bench is my Semroc RDC Moon-Glo. This was a freebie I received about 9 years ago. It was built, primed, and then forgotten. I picked up some green glow-in-the-dark paint in 2013. This weekend I finished the paint, decals, clearcoat, shockcord and streamer.
The finish was brushed on to give it that authentic 1963 look.
I really like how it turned out and think it would make a great upscale someday.

dannymrmissile 07-05-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erik442
I've decided that before I build anything else new I'm going to fix or finish every model that is damaged or incomplete. I know everyone's heard this scratched record before, but I really need to reduce the junkpile. :o
Some are as simple as a broken fin while others, like my Maxi Alpha 3 cato, are more involved.

So, first off the bench is my Semroc RDC Moon-Glo. This was a freebie I received about 9 years ago. It was built, primed, and then forgotten. I picked up some green glow-in-the-dark paint in 2013. This weekend I finished the paint, decals, clearcoat, shockcord and streamer.
I really like how it turned out and think it would make a great upscale someday.

That’s a Great way to save money,,, or keep from buying new kits ! I tried this many times. I have so many, that if I attempted it ( again), I’d never have the chance to build a new kit again ! Keep on, keeping on......

dannymrmissile 07-05-2020 04:08 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Gotta Love It,,, good job......

SCooke123 07-05-2020 08:52 PM

It always feels good to finally finish a model.......
Steve

dannymrmissile 07-05-2020 09:03 PM

Understatement of the week !,,, but how true .

erik442 07-05-2020 09:14 PM

Danny - I've never seen an RDC catalog. Thanks for sharing those. :)

Steve - +1 to that!

dannymrmissile 07-05-2020 09:16 PM

You’re welcome. I was hoping you’d enjoy it.... Are you a long time rocketeer ?

erik442 07-05-2020 09:28 PM

Yes. I began with a Challenger-1 starter kit in 1978.

dannymrmissile 07-05-2020 09:35 PM

Cool ! I started with the Alpha in 1967. No looking back..... still have my 2nd one. Didn’t realize what a ( then B8-4) engine could do !

A Fish Named Wallyum 07-06-2020 06:24 AM

Quote:
Danny - I've never seen an RDC catalog. Thanks for sharing those. :)

Steve - +1 to that!

Wow, these are pristine, too. Can you photograph or scan the rest of the catalog? I've been faking rockets out of the one at Ninfinger, but the scans are a bit grainy compared to yours. I had no idea that they had a Seymour mailing address. My maternal grandmother who I never knew was from there. It's probably my Mom's favorite place, even though much of what she knew no longer exists.