Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Mission Control (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Narcon 2020 (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18351)

Initiator001 03-05-2020 11:16 PM

Narcon 2020

I understand that there will be new product announcements by several manufacturers at NARCON this weekend.

I hope someone who will be attending the event will post information about these new products.

JumpJet 03-06-2020 11:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Since I'm not exactly sure what Bill Stine is going to show at NARCON, I can only comment on two rockets I've seen in a photo on Face Book. The first rocket is the re-release of the 1/100 Scale Saturn V but this time it's the Sky Lab Version. In addition to the Sky Lab Version the Bonus is going to be the Upper Section of the original Saturn. The Inter Stage vacuum formed wrap has been corrected and there is a small jig piece to help align the fin\fairing while they are glued in place.

The other photo is that of the new Astro Cam Camera Rocket. It's a BT-50 size model that has a small HD camera that fits into the side of the nose cone.

John Boren

Earl 03-06-2020 11:05 PM

Wow... cool, cool, and cool!

Release dates?

Earl

JumpJet 03-06-2020 11:19 PM

Later this year.

John Boren

tbzep 03-07-2020 07:34 AM

That Saturn is guaranteed to sell at least two per YORF and TRF scale buff with those kit mods and the inclusion of a spare original 3rd stage. :cool:

5x7 03-07-2020 07:38 AM

Thank you! That Skylab model has always been a dream of mine, and I also love Astrocams, I Have been flying the film versions since they were introduced. Way to go!

Ltvscout 03-07-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpJet
The other photo is that of the new Astro Cam Camera Rocket. It's a BT-50 size model that has a small HD camera that fits into the side of the nose cone.
John Boren

Cool! How about a re-release of the D11-9 to go with the AstroCam! :D

Scott_650 03-07-2020 07:46 AM

Any hints or rumors about the teased upscale of the Destination Mars MAV?

Jerry Irvine 03-07-2020 08:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Looking at the NARCON Manufacturer's forum I see alot of familiar names. Gary Rosenfield, Dane Boles, Tim VanMilligan, Matt Steele. I see interesting new incremental products and by interesting I mean very interesting.

What I do not see are revolutionary changes. We (U.S. Rockets) brought you LMR, HPR, single snap ring Reloadables 1-90, leakless-greaseless reloadables 1993, Firestarter with considerable resistance, and now something revolutionary. Pause for future news.

I think NARCON is a small event serving a larger audience of under 7000 members. Estes addresses an audience of undisclosed size but roughly in the million or less range.

I for one would like to see consumer rockets of the largest possible size in the hands of 3m+ people. <1% of the population.

FAA exempt is 3.3 lbs liftoff and 125g propellant. I propose NAR take my lead yet again and expand the definition of the model rocket (LMR) to no liftoff mass limit and propellant FAA exempt up to 1KG. Approximately 484 lb-sec or 2150 N-s (a K).

The last NAR leaders to pick up this ball were Pat Miller and Trip Barber.

Just Jerry

The attachment is 13 years old. It's time. Now.

JumpJet 03-07-2020 10:44 AM

That upscale of the MAV is going to become a table for trade shows. It is going to replace the Alpha III Table that Estes used during the Hobbico years.

John Boren