Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Current Kit Talk (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   What we'd like to see come from Semroc (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=222)

Ltvscout 06-14-2005 08:04 PM

What we'd like to see come from Semroc

I started this thread with the intent that others will add to it. I'm sure I will add to it as well. :D

Carl, since I now know that you have HTC-7B's ;) , how about when you get to producing the Black Widow that you maybe either offer two different kits (the old, original design with the bigger fins for the booster and the "new" later design), or offer one kit with fins for both models so the modeler can decide which one to build?

A Fish Named Wallyum 06-14-2005 08:29 PM

Mach 10 :cool:
Super Kits :cool:

rkt2k1 06-14-2005 10:32 PM

Fighter Fleet :cool:

Carl@Semroc 06-14-2005 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltvscout
I started this thread with the intent that others will add to it. I'm sure I will add to it as well. :D

Carl, since I now know that you have HTC-7B's ;) , how about when you get to producing the Black Widow that you maybe either offer two different kits (the old, original design with the bigger fins for the booster and the "new" later design), or offer one kit with fins for both models so the modeler can decide which one to build?

Two? I have three variations. Danny Almond has almost convinced me the earliest version should be done first. So many choices!

Ltvscout 06-14-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl@Semroc
Two? I have three variations. Danny Almond has almost convinced me the earliest version should be done first. So many choices!

I didn't know there were three. What are the differences between the three?

You still talk to Danny? I thought he dropped out of sight awhile back.

Carl@Semroc 06-14-2005 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fish Named Wallyum
Mach 10 :cool:
Super Kits :cool:

Mach 10 - waiting for BFTP, but working on fins in the mean time.

Super Kits - Loss of the C5-3 makes these much harder to do now. That 5 pound kick is really needed for larger kits like the Super Kits and ThunderRoc.

Ltvscout 06-14-2005 10:47 PM

I've seen you doing some FSI kits as well. How about a version of the FSI Javelin and Intrepid?

Ltvscout 06-14-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:
Mach 10 - waiting for BFTP, but working on fins in the mean time.

Super Kits - Loss of the C5-3 makes these much harder to do now. That 5 pound kick is really needed for larger kits like the Super Kits and ThunderRoc.

No worries. Quest has their 18mm D motor coming out. Plenty 'o kick with that one. ;)

Carl@Semroc 06-14-2005 10:50 PM

Quote:
I didn't know there were three. What are the differences between the three?

I will have to look at them again, but the earliest had the gliding booster, no passport. Second was balsa nose cone version with passport and third was plastic, better decals.

Quote:
You still talk to Danny? I thought he dropped out of sight awhile back.

He lives in Sheryl's hometown, but I have not talked with him in a while. He is an encyclopedia of model rocketry. Probably a good time to get back in touch with him.

A Fish Named Wallyum 06-14-2005 11:08 PM

Quote:
Mach 10 - waiting for BFTP.

Me too. (Insert "growing old" smilie here.)