Ye Olde Rocket Forum

Ye Olde Rocket Forum (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/index.php)
-   Current Kit Talk (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Way Saturn 4? (http://www.oldrocketforum.com/showthread.php?t=18201)

the mole 12-24-2019 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
GH, LeeR,

Whether you like square body tubes or not, do yourself a favor and try one of Rick's kits. Not only are they definitely not the same old thing, but the kits come packaged with little extras to make the builds easier or more pleasant. Definitely way more thought and care for the builder than anyone else's kits. Worth building one just to realize there is a higher standard, and New Way sets it.

Steve

I agree also. If you want a rocket with a future look to it and a challenge to build look no farther than this kit the N-21 SKY FIGHTER NWY-21.

I would like to see a square Saturn 4 kit. I'm in for a couple.

LeeR 12-24-2019 10:21 AM

OK,

I’ll try one. Hard to imagine, but I’ve never built a Goblin! :)

Maybe I’ll follow Jeffy’s lead and try the Goblin sometime.

ghrocketman 12-24-2019 10:23 AM

I was going to order the "Vigilangle" but it was out of stock at erockets and didn't find elsewhere.

BARGeezer 12-24-2019 10:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
How about a just released Big Bessie ?

Feyd 12-24-2019 11:07 AM

I've built several of the New Way rockets and the only thing I have a problem with is
getting the dog barf to hit all of the corners and not burn up my parachutes.

Other than that, they are well designed, come with nice thick body tubes, and great
decals.

I also love the square flat one, it's fun to see that monstrosity fly (it flies great!).

Gus 12-24-2019 12:28 PM

Gh and LeeR,

Really happy to hear you're going to try one! I particularly like Rick's sense of humor in doing knock-off's of classic kits. My favorite, unfortunately no longer available, is his Teros knock-off, the SquareOs. Really a fun build.

I think I'm going to do the Flat Boy next.

the mole 12-24-2019 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus
Gh and LeeR,

Really happy to hear you're going to try one! I particularly like Rick's sense of humor in doing knock-off's of classic kits. My favorite, unfortunately no longer available, is his Teros knock-off, the SquareOs. Really a fun build.

One thing about these kits it would be hard to clone them. I liked the SquareOs also and they sold out before I could get my hands on one.

BARGeezer 12-24-2019 05:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't want to be a meanie and rub it in on Christmas Eve but.....

EAT YOUR HEARTS OUT GUYS!

NewWay Squareros and Estes Teros clone.
After building my first NewWay kit I was hooked. Now have several.
And the "extras" included with each kit are:
Small piece of sandpaper
Emery board
Q tip to apply glue
Heat shrink tubing to protect the Kevlar near the motor
Tyvek loops instead of the cheap paper reinforcements for the shroud lines

BTW did you see my signature? :D

BEC 12-24-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGeezer

[thread drift]
And from these I have begun using these Tyvek jewelry price tags (which is what they really are) for both making and repairing 'chutes ever since my first New Way kit (which was one of the original Square One kits). They are marvelous.

A (nearly) lifetime supply for $6.50. https://smile.amazon.com/Jeweller-R...7240807&sr=8-17

I bought a package of these five years ago and have barely dented it....but I have repaired a bunch of Estes and other plastic 'chutes and used them for every plastic 'chute I've assembled since. They stick and they don't tear.

[/thread drift]

Gus 12-25-2019 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BARGeezer
...And the "extras" included with each kit are:
Small piece of sandpaper
Emery board
Q tip to apply glue
Heat shrink tubing to protect the Kevlar near the motor

Yes, those are the kinds of things I was talking about. They're not huge things but just really thoughtful extras to make your build a little easier. Maybe I don't need a free Q-tip, but the thought that he includes one just in case, is really a different approach to kit making. I hope you guys really have fun with one of these kits.

Steve