View Single Post
Old 09-15-2022, 06:32 PM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEC
John Boren told me the place to make that sort of sentiment known where it will be seen by the powers that be at Estes these days is — kind of ironically — Facebook. Perhaps a post to the Estes Rockets Facebook page?

John has relayed that insight - evidently there’s some degree of monitoring by the folks at Estes of the popular model rocketry FB pages, I cruise through (and contribute to at times) the Estes official page, the Estes fan page, Model Rocketry Fanatics, Model Rocketry USA and the NAR page. Hopefully they don’t transition to Instagram since I don’t have the interest or patience to fiddle with that nonsense. Outside of quoted posts in online articles I’ve never seen anything on Twitter and don’t plan on ever using it in the future.

Outside of scrolling through Marketplace (which has pretty much replaced Craigslist, unfortunately, because MP’s interface is TERRIBLE!) the rocketry FB pages are my sole point of contact with FB - I only use the website version, have a tailored page that only shows my shortcuts and have all notifications turned off - so I don’t experience much of the drama or BS that FB seems to generate.