View Single Post
Old 10-10-2019, 11:12 AM
Incurable Model Rocketeer

Send a message via Yahoo to DeanHFox
Default Interesting question, then...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanj
I bought a set of these around 1976, when it was technically out of print. I asked about it, and someone at Estes found one for me! I didn't buy it right away, and when I got another order it had a note: "We have that copy of the MRN collection you wanted!"

I eventually did buy it. It turned out to be a "problem." Some of the pages were upside-down!

I still have the three volumes. Beat up as hell!
That leads to an interesting question that gets posed from time to time, and never gets an answer --- so let's post it again and see if we get lucky this time:

Does anybody have a definitive list of the Estes MRN's issued over the years? There was a time when they came out like clockwork - but the Volume/Issue labeling was not always consistent, and issues were skipped, and some special issues also provided. In later years, mini-issues were even inserted into catalogs and special catalog fliers!

So, assembling a complete set, for collection OR historical purposes, has been very challenging, as there does not seem to be a complete issuance list.

Does anybody feel they have a good enough listing that they have "the complete set"? Or, does anyone feel some online reference site is complete?
NAR #53946SR

---- "Wherever you go, there you are"