View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 11:22 AM
Incurable SEMROC Fan

Talking Asking permission, is all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECayemberg
Not trying to start trouble, but trying to understand...what exactly is the beef with this sale? Is the expectation that if it is your design, you get royalties for every "Tau Zero" unit sold, whether 1:1, upscale or downscale? Would you have been fine if they simply asked permission to build an upscale of the design? Again, not trying to poke a sore wound, but am curious what your expectation is?
Hi Eric!

Nope, I'm not expecting to get paid by anyone who buys the kit or assembles the pieces to build a Tau Zero. In fact, our own Craig "BARCLONE" McGraw created several different RockSim designs based on that nose cone.

If this seller had asked first, I would have considered letting him do this. But he didn't, and he wants to make money without asking permission. Then there's also the point that Semroc released this design as a kit, and most of the money should go to Sheryl and Bruce McLawhorn.

It's been pointed out this guy has done this before, and he keeps popping up on eBay under different names.

Thanks for your support and feedback, everybody!

Cheers,
Semroc SAM #0029
NAR 86131

"I think about organizing things all the time. Never seems to happen. I find something that piques my interest and I'm off on a quest. Or a Centuri. "

--Bill Eichelberger, 02/22/2022

“Centuri fret buzz in an updated form.”
Bill “Wallyum” Eichelberger re: Estes Flutter-By
03 Sept 2014