View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 07:40 PM
Retired Missile Technician

I would also include my appreciation of Sheryl and Carl. They graciously hosted John Dyer of Red River Rocketry and me years ago for a visit after an East Coast NARAM. Not only did we get to see the day to day efforts of SEMROC, but the early works on a motor machine. Recently I was looking for some small tubes and was puzzled by a couple. Realized they were tubes Carl gave us that he had for planned 13mm B motors like the old Centuri motors. He is truly missed.

This actually leads to the next picture which includes an extra Estes 1/2A from a Standards and Testing session, a SEMROC A8-3 from 1970, a C6-5 sample from a make your own ad in Popular Science or Mechanics from the late '69s or early '70s (two motors one of which failed when static tested hence the red stripes and they came with a small rocket like an 18mm Mosquito with Popsicle stick fins - still have the small hardwood nose cone), Rocket Supply Company A6-0 motor with no date - also a test stand fail, Cox D8-3 from 1972 - great motor that varied from 11 to 13 nt-sec in a standard case (only booster and dash 3 delays), and two AAA Pyrotechnical Research motors - a B6-4 and C6-5. No date code, but the adhesive wrap suggests relabeling. Looks like Estes nozzle. AAA was famous for early HPR kits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 208
Size:  848.9 KB