Thread: Scale books
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2020, 08:37 PM
Intermediate Rocketeer

My internet is spotty (I get on in the parking lot of the public library) so I did't see the general approval until tonight. Anyway, here's the deal:

I just finished a new booklet, "Twenty Rockets of Robert H Goddard," which I'm selling by old-school mail order. Here's a little blurb on it:

Twenty Rockets of Robert H. Goddard
Robert Goddard is known as the father of modern rocketry. In the early 20th century, he published one of the first works on spaceflight theory, revolutionized the solid-propellant rocket, flew the first liquid-propellant rockets, and flew the first guided rockets. This booklet, new for 2020, tells story of Robert Goddard through 20 of his rockets, from an early (1918) solid-propellant rocket, to the first liquid-rueled rocket to fly, to Goddard's final, gigantic P-series rockets of the 40’s. Drawings are based on Goddard’s own notebooks, so that modelers can build historically correct scale reproductions. Drawings include: 1" solid fueled rocket from 1918; The first liquid fueled rocket, The “Hoopskirt” Rocket; Test No 72 (Goddard's first Roswell rocket); Test No. 73; Test No. 74; Test No. 75; Test No. 77 (rirst gyroscope-stabilized rocket); A-3; A-5; L-5; L-6; L-7 (the first liquid-fueled cluster); L-10; L-13 (Goddard's highest-flying rocket); L-14; L-15; L-16 (the first rocket to use gimballed thrust for control); L-30; and P-23 (Goddard's biggest rocket using turbopumps for propellant feed). 40 pages, 26 photographs and 22 detailed drawings.

I've got some older booklets for sale as well--here are the covers.

I'm selling them by US mail with a check or money order. I'm too stone-aged for paypal, so you can email me at

petealway@aol.com

for mail ordering information. If you like newfangled ecommerce, eRockets, Aerospace Speciality Products, and ARA Press will have them shortly, if not already.

Thanks for the moral support everyone!

Peter Alway