View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 05:17 PM
The_Ripper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Dragon
I have to disagree, as I have always loved the no smoke motors.

they are MUCH more photogenic - what can be cooler than a photo of a nice rocket sitting atop a completely smokeless boost, with the flame maybe visible, maybe not .

and you pay for that smoke / effects anyways, so give me the low cost smokeless ,progressive burn motors any time, thank you ... ( although making bates grain motors with generic propellent should not add much cost, versus case bonding the grains,only adding the cost of casting tubes and the extra labor step of dropping into the case.

will see what I have for old photos and maybe post a couple :-)

~ AL

Al

Your post lead me to scan a few of mine .....

A few vintage rockets I flew on old composite motors years ago. I threw in the Loc Lil' Nuke on the F41 because some of you may remember the original White Lightinings were fairly low smoke and threw some sparks until they refined the propellant to what you have today. To be honest I liked the orignal White Lightning propellant with the low smoke and sparks much better!

The Loc IV was flown with my first HPR smokeless motor an H125-15 for my TRA certification flight.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:  NCR Orbit Liftoff SSRS E30-8 10-15-1988 Bonne Carre Spillway Louisiana.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  248.1 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  NCR HyperSonic1100 Pad January 1989 Bonne Carre Spillway Louisiana.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  254.6 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  NCR HyperSonic1100 Liftoff SSRS F67-12 January 1989 Bonne Carre Spillway Louisiana.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  410.2 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  LocIV H125-15 January 1989 TRA Confirmation Flight Bonne Carre Spillway Louisiana.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  118.8 KB  Click image for larger version

Name:  Loc Precision Lil Nuke Liftoff 10-15-88 AT F41-9W Bonne Carre Spillway Louisiana.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  416.1 KB  
SAM# 0052

🚀 In Construction: Der Blue Maxx/Minie-Magg 5.5” & Vander-Burn MDRM Clone w/Stickershock23 Custom Decals
🚀 In Paint & Detail: USR Banshee
🚀 In Build Queue: Estes Doorknob w/Vander-Burn Rocketry Upgrade Kit [Sport Decor], Semroc Centurion-F, Semroc Egg Crate
🚀 In Repair: SLS Lil’ Hustler, SLS Aero-Dart 1969 Trim
🚀 Stay Tuned For Fall 2021 Launch Dates