View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 12:51 AM
Too Many Initiators is Never Enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Timm
Thanks Bob.

Do you know if these were ever kitted or simply advertising eye-candy?
With you being a big-time kit collector ---you be the guy who knows best!
If they were kitted, the instructions might have a clue as to what the color scheme might have been.

Its hard to believe that there wasn't a flourescent color in there somewhere.

Chris

Chris,

That particular model was never kitted. It was probably just something that was made up for fun by the staff.

Storytime.

In one of the Centuri newsletters (I think it was an Enerjet newsletter), there was a picture of the lower 2/3rds of a Saturn V model with an X-24 Bug on top.

Fast forward to late 1987-early 1988. Scott Branche and I were exploring around inside the American Hobbycraft/Enertek warehouse.

We would often find Centuri/Enerjet items stored in closets, up on shelves or even in non-descript boxes.

Scott called me over as he had found something. He pulled it out of a closet (I think). It was the lower 2/3rds of a Centuri Saturn V. Also, there was an unfired Enerjet E24 motor in the model.

The next day, Scott told Bill Stine (Our boss) about the find. Scott asked if he could keep it. Bill said 'okay'. Scott took the Saturn V, I took the E24. Bill reminded us about the Saturn V/X-24 model. We still don't know for sure, but this could have been the model that was pictured in the article.

Bob