View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 09:13 PM
Officially Middle-Aged Rocketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Initiator001
Chris,

That particular model was never kitted. It was probably just something that was made up for fun by the staff.

Storytime.

In one of the Centuri newsletters (I think it was an Enerjet newsletter), there was a picture of the lower 2/3rds of a Saturn V model with an X-24 Bug on top.

<snip a bit>

The next day, Scott told Bill Stine (Our boss) about the find. Scott asked if he could keep it. Bill said 'okay'. Scott took the Saturn V, I took the E24. Bill reminded us about the Saturn V/X-24 model. We still don't know for sure, but this could have been the model that was pictured in the article.

Bob

Which brings me to this question: There was/is a launch report in one of the back issues of odel Rocketeer/American Spacemodeling that mentions Larry Brown doing a demo launch of said Saturn V/Bug rocket. Can anyone point me to the correct issue? I think the launch was held at a not-yet-open highway overpass, and they were having problems with kids on bikes grabbing rockets as they landed and riding off with them. I'll admit that I havn't gone through every issue, but I have looked through most of the issues prior to 1980 with no luck.

Sean