View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 11:51 AM
SPEV/Orion wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghrocketman
I thought I had seen it all....

The "Family Net" channel 154 on Charter Cable now has CATTLE AUCTIONS on every afternoon from 2 to 5 pm.

What a totally ridiculous YAY-HOO waste of airtime in ANY state other than Texas, Oklahoma, and possibly Florida.
This is even too STOOPYD for the RFD channel !
This at a MAXIMUM should be offered on a NON-national channel only in LOCAL markets with large ranchin' populations.

I'd rather watch a progrum on Cattle BRANDIN' than this useless nonsense.
Naturally all the auctioneers sound like YAY-HOOS with a double-load of Red-Man Chaw in their mouth.

I know cattle are a highly needed commodity, but a NATIONALLY carried auction every day ??
Let's be real now.

Brings back memories. My dad would go at least once a week to the cattle auction in Athens (of course, he was an Ag Economist so it could be considered work-related) even though most of the time he wasn't buying or selling. He just liked hanging around everything. Every once in awhile he'd drag me along, and I hated it. Originally it was in a huge rickety wooden barn with a shack outside where the 'restaurant' was (good food though), and it was drafty in the winter and sweaty in the summer. In the late 60's it got rebuilt into a modern concrete, air-conditioned facility with the restaurant built in (and the food turned bland).

But yea, as a tv show? Don't think I'd watch for more than 15 seconds.