Thread: Cheap Motors
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2008, 08:59 AM
Master Modeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark II
The trouble with living (literally) in the sticks, besides having very little in the way of launch fields to choose from (even though I'm surrounded by hundreds of 1,000's of acres of public land), is that there are no stores anywhere in the area that would ever feature such discounts (or that carry any rocketry items at all). Oh well, at least I can still get Old Formula Krylon just about anywhere without trying too hard.

Mark \\

I know what you mean, I live in the sticks as well but I commute to the "big" city every day so there are a number of discount possibilities on the 50 mile one way drive. However, depending on what Don found at the other locations, I don't think the Targets in this area have rockets. The WM deal may get even better in the next week or so. I stopped by one last night and the toy dept. was pretty much blown out because of all the items on clearance but they still had quite a number of engines at $4.00 per pack. Maybe further reductions are necessary to move these items out.
Was once SAM#0132