View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM
President, MAYHEM AGITATORS, Inc.

I rarely if ever buy rocketry supplies from the Wal Marts in my area due to the dismal engine selection.....they always have PLENTY of C6-7's and A10-PT's though.....in other words fairly useless (or very limed usage) choices. National purchasing and marketing groups should only have a small influence in how local stores should be stocked...if these corporations would "loosen the reins" and allow LOCAL store managers to actually MANAGE stores instead of just robotically follow ignorant corporate edicts the result would be far happier customers.

What really irritates me about Wal Mart (and other HUGE-mart stores as well) is the fact that they will have 47+ checkout register spots and invariably no matter how busy the store is there will never be more than 10 of the checkout lines open no matter the day or time, with customers being 6+ deep in each line.
I gladly do my grocery and other shopping at local stores that cost me about 10-15% more that actually care about proper customer service and respond to LOCAL customer needs/wants. For hobby stuff I buy about 70% of it on internet sites and ebay, with 30% split between local hobby shops, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Target, and Meijer stores.

Huge-Marts need to get off their wallets to pay another 15 or so MINIMUM wage employees to PROPERLY staff the checkout departments.
How to pay for it ? EAT IT OUT OF THEIR OVERINFLATED PROFITS, that's how.

Yes, there is such a thing as NORMAL
, if you have to ask what is "NORMAL" , you probably aren't !

Failure may not be an OPTION, but it is ALWAYS a POSSIBILITY.
ALL systems are GO for MAYHEM, CHAOS, TURMOIL, FIASCOS, and HAVOC !